Monday, June 6, 2011

It's so hot even the squirrels are pooped!

For the last couple of days the temperature has been between 98 and 101 degrees F. While that's great for swimming, it's not so fabulous for the time spent out of the pool. But then again, I swim in an indoor pool, out of the sun because, hey, I work hard a being pale. No, seriously, I do. This is where I am thankful for free access to an indoor swimming pool, air conditioning, and fans. I certainly wouldn't want to be this poor little squirrel. He was sprawled out on my Grandmother's patio yesterday evening trying to get cool. More parenthetic and cute, he used his tail as a parasol to shade his head while he plundered the bird seed from my Grandmother's bird feeders.

I awoke about and hour ago sweating, which is never a good thing because I detest being hot and sweaty. Since the Gf's parents are occupying my bed the GF and I are in the living room. So I got up and turned the air conditioner a couple of degrees cooler and kicked it on 'on' which makes it run constantly instead of 'auto', turned the box fan up a notch, and parked my butt at the end of the sofa directly under the air vent. I'm nice and cooled off now. However, I have a head ache due to being up in the middle of the night and not having enough sleep. Oh well, I guess that's what I get for going to bed early. It also doesn't help that I awoke with a cat on my head. Yoda decided he needed to occupy most of my pillow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment