Sunday, April 19, 2015

Finished for this week, time for myself.


This last week has been eventful. Last post I said Amanda's parents went to Seattle. We had one night to ourselves. It is our fault, of course, and I am not complaining because it was a lot of fun, but afterward, I was really pooped. Still am but I will get to that in a bit. 

We had our neighbor over once or twice more. We never did get to go over and have drinks with her, it just didn't work out. My friend Chris came over for a night. We watched movies and talked, I made Cavatini for her. Fiona was here the whole time and we got to do a lot with her. Unfortunately she had to suffer through mine and Amanda's homework with us. Fiona also bleached and dyed my hair for me again. She missed some spots in the bleaching and some in the dyeing process, but that's okay. I really like it. I sent a picture to my Dad and his reply was that he isn't a fan but go big or go home and if you're going to do it, this is the way to do it. My Mom loves it. My Grandmother thinks its terrible. Meh, she's 86 and has never wanted me to dye my hair any color- never mind that she used to dye her hair all the time- and she's always wanted me to have short bob haircuts. Yuck! The only thing I didn't appreciate when she and I were discussing my hair was the comparison between me and one of my cousins in Nebraska. I love my cousin, but I hate it when Grandma starts in with how cute she looks and how successful she is. I am happy for her, really I am, and I wish her the best. I just wish Grandma would stop using her as a way to poke at me for not being "normal" or what she wanted. Sorry Grandma, I can't help my physical maladies any more than you can help your age. And quite frankly I may not be perfect, but at least I call you. 

Sigh! Moving on. Amanda and I had the main part of the house clean while her parents were gone and we had it clean when they came home. Cathy came home with a lot of stuff from Aunt Barbra, which was cool but she just sort of dumped it everywhere, like she usually does. It didn't bother me until Amanda was talking about how we had the house clean before they came home, she was in the middle of teasing her mom and Cathy pops off with how the "house wasn't that clean". Excuse me? Ungrateful much? I did as much as I was physically able to do and had to have help with a lot of other things. No, the house will never look like a home, it will never look spotless. Nothing matches, furniture is scuffed and scratch and most of it is second hand. But then again this is just another of those instances where I thin Cathy doesn't like to admit that I might actually do something better than she does. Which is fine. But I am done. I'm not going to lift a finger unless it is in Amanda's and my bathroom and bedroom or pertains to us. I've had it with the ungrateful attitude. 

I've had a lot of trouble lately staying awake. I thought that it was just fatigue from fibromyalgia and fatigue from my ridiculous period. It's playing the stop, start, stop, start game with me these last couple of weeks, which is throwing everything out of whack. Anyway, the day after Amanda's parents arrived home, I slept most of the day and woke up for a couple of hours in the evening. Then I slept all night. I have been really tried and have dozed off and on. Yesterday I fell asleep reading my textbook in the library. I was talking to my friend Chris and she said I should get checked or talk to my doctor about chronic fatigue syndrome. I think I will because this is crazy. It's part of the reason why I didn't go to the Out and About Earth Day celebration over in Spokane yesterday. I would have loved to sit out in the fresh air doing crafts with friends and talking to people about the IEPG. They had a booth set up. But I was a little too worried that I would fall asleep and be too tired to drive home. I also had homework to do. 

Speaking of homework, I managed to finish it this week. Some of it was late but my paper was on time. I could start on next week's homework but I really need a break. I am with my neighbor at her college library for the afternoon. I decided that I needed to get out of the house today and at least I am available if she needs help with something. She's going to school for something different but she's doing some things that I know a little bit about and can help her with. 

Lastly, we had to get new curtains. Narcisa pulled our previous set down too many times and when I was trying to put a blanket up to cover the spot that our curtains didn't quite cover, they came down. So we bought two sets of the white ones in the picture below and a new curtain rod. So far so good. However, the pesky little shit of a cat found a rubber band yesterday and ate it before anyone could grab it. Amanda and her Mom even had a hold of her and tried to get it out of her mouth but she swallowed it. We are keeping an eye on her and we've already threatened to bring her back from the dead and kill her again if she dies. 


4 comments:

  1. It sounds to me like you're suffering from sheer exhaustion. You're overtaxed in every layer of your being: mentally, from schoolwork and worries over making ends meet and family disagreements. Emotionally you're overwrought from two major losses, non-supportive in-laws, anxiety issues, wonky frikkin period. And physically there's all the stuff about your body that's out of whack.

    You.Are.Spent. Don't scold yourself for napping. It's not a luxury if you need it to stay healthy and rested. And balls to anyone who says different! Nyah! :-P~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the thing that is the most frustrating to me about all of it is that I am doing less than I used to do. But this is my new normal and while I have mostly accepted it, it doesn't make life easier.

      Delete
  2. I agree, and it's normal that a body goes through sleepier periods from time to time.
    Love the colorful hair btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I am glad that it's not just me being weird and that this kind of thing is normal. I just wish it wasn't so frequent.

      Delete