Monday, August 29, 2022

Vending with the Fae and Moving from Dragons to Elves.

 


Not sure who did this art, I will look more in depth later, because, damn, it's good! 

Blogging became a distant notion last week as I worked to make more items for my store. I was gearing up for the 1st annual Fairy Festa, which was amazing. Had I not been a Vendor, I still would have gone. That said, even as a Vendor, I had a lot of fun seeing people's costumes, mushroom hats, fairy wings, dragon face paintings, ect... My vendor spot was actually right next to an old friend's and we squealed like girls when we realized we would be next to each other. That's not something I usually do, but it was really awesome. So I got to catch up with her and while she did tarot readings, I sold my wares.  I actually had a bit of panic when I surveyed my tables at the end of the event. I'm down a lot of merch and that is great! But I'm a one woman show and there are only so many hours in the day before the next event. And then only so many before the one after that. Still, I couldn't start work this week until new bobbin thread came in the mail. Yes, I did that on purpose, instead of going to Joann's, to give myself a little break. 

I am still invested in the new Game of Throne's show. I watched the new episode tonight and was not disappointed. A bit grossed out on two occasions, but I got to see Dragons so I was appeased. Speaking of, I had a really weird dream featuring Matt Smith, who plays a Targaryen in the show. He looked like his roll but he was not that character. It got really weird and when I was recalling it this morning, it got me to thinking about one of the stories I have been 'on again off again' working on for the last couple of years. It's an elf story and it was so much in the forefront of the thoughts today, that I had a little trouble focusing on other things. And now, I just want to spend all night writing but am much too tired. I took some notes and decided to do this blog post that way I get a little writing done but am less likely to lose it if I fall asleep at the computer.

And apparently, I have elves on the brain bad lately. 

Side note, I did one of those DNA kits and have been working on building my family tree- one section has already been done for me, but there is much more that needs to be done. Anyway, spent a hour or so searching through the Dawes Rolls looking for ancestor names of mine that might be listed as part of the Cherokee tribe. Haven't found anyone yet but there are 911-915 pages of lists, so it will take some time, especially because I am looking for different surnames and am not even sure these are the right people. I really do need to contact some of my Mom's family to see if I am following the right lines, but I hear they are crazy and that makes me a bit nervous. 

Anyway, I am going to be very busy for the next several weeks with work for my store and with more Northwest Pagan Fest planning and coordination. I'm not sure when I will get any writing done, or reading, but I'm going to make it part of my self care, I think. 

For now, I am going to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment