Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Early Birthday to my Girlfriend!


And here is the near disaster of a birthday cake I made her. By disaster, I mean that I tried to make homemade icing and that was an epic fail, not that it didn't taste good but I didn't get all the confectioner's sugar mixed in. I had to use store-bought icing and add food coloring then make icing roses. I really need practice with that but for my first time, they didn't turn out too bad.
And of course I was under some pressure this afternoon when putting it all together, my mom wanted to help and while that's awesome, she was driving me nuts, people were coming, and I still didn't have everything ready for the party. So my coffin cake doesn't look quite like a coffin that has blood drizzled on it (melted red icing, not real blood mind you), and dirt (grated chocolate). And I don't have a real camera, just a crappy phone camera so the pictures don't come out as crisp as I would liked them to have.
But there you have it. It's been a long day and I didn't even make it to DAR this morning. Time for a movie and to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment