Sunday, March 24, 2013

Witch Blood and Vampire Academy: Frostbite

About a month ago, while I was waiting for Skoora to finish up at the library, I was poking around in the romance section and came across Witch Blood. I hadn't ever read a paranormal romance novel that dealt with Witches. I tend to read Vampire and Dragon paranormal romances. So I picked this up, not knowing it was the 2nd in a series, and brought it home.

Even though this is the 2nd in a series it stands alone just fine. I really liked the concept of how Witches came to be, how witches are attracted to each other, and so forth. I don't want to go into details or spoil it for anyone. However, it was a good book and I really want to read the rest in the series.
Unfortunately my library and the others in the library network only have the 2nd and 4th books in the series. Since I think that's a shame and really dumb, I've decided that I will speak to one of the librarians about it.


At the moment I am reading Frostbite, the 2nd in the Vampire Academy novels. I liked the first novel well enough and like a lot of the secondary characters. I didn't really like the main character but I think she grew on me a little in the first book. I'm not sure I like the writing style but the plot is good enough to keep me reading. Also, the first book is a fast read. I read it in two days and expect I will do the same with Frostbite.

I am curious to see what happens throughout the series and apparently there is going to be a movie made. According to IMDB it will be out in 2014. That should be interesting.




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've had some good reading lately. And that will be interesting to see those done as a movie. I'm kind of leery about vampire things lately (Twilight shy ><) but I'll probably give it a go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything has to be better than Twilight.

    ReplyDelete