Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Vid calls with Mom, Jeep problems, New friends, emotional flux and coming soon...


I made a meme with a meme generator. One of the first few nights we were in our apartment, Narcisa perched atop Amanda's hip, waiting for me to settle down so she could lick my neck (yes, she still tries to nurse). Anyway, the red light from the Halloween chain lights Amanda bought this year made a creepy picture, so I grabbed my phone and snapped a quickie before Narcisa could move. I think it turned out okay. Amanda likes it.

So, we have had a more eventful weekend than we wanted, but its actually a really good thing. My Jeep decided to pitch a fit which meant that we left it at the park and ride where Amanda catches the bus for work Friday night. Saturday we had a few errands to run and after talking with both our Dad's and Napa Auto, it was decided that the problem was either the fuel filter or fuel pump. so starting with the cheapest first, we bought a new filter and headed back to the Jeep. It was NOT as simple to remove the old one and install the new one. In fact we had to jack up the jeep and Amanda had to lay under the car to get to it. BUT, a very nice man, who turned out to be a mechanic, pulled in and asked us if we needed help. I had already called my friend Birdy and she was on her way, but hey, any help was welcome. Birdy arrived shortly there after.

As it turns out, it wasn't the fuel filter, it is the fuel pump. But we couldn't leave the Jeep at the park and ride because it could get broken into, stolen (although no one would really be able to move it), or towed by the city. We decided to try hooking my jeep up to Birdy's SUV and towing it home. Well, we got the mechanic man some coffee to repay him for helping us. While Birdy and I were gone, Amanda and he talked. We now have a mechanic who will help us with our cars if we get the parts- we will pay him of course- and he's a fellow Pagan. But this story gets better.

After he left, Birdy's step Dad showed up with a towing rope and we were getting that process started when the mechanic man returned with his wife. Apparently he liked us so much that he thought his wife should meet us. To make this long story shorter, we got to Jeep home, made friends with the Mechanic man and his wife, who are very sweet, and Sunday they came to our IEPG Imbolc. They really liked it!  It was so cool. I really, truly think that in a way the Universe or the Gods or both are working some magic of their own because it feels like they were there when we needed them and we are here when they need us. 

On to Video calls with my Mom. She called me last night shortly after I got home and wanted to do a google hangout chat with me. I had Birdy and Dram over but thought, why the hell not, she doesn't call and ask for video calls and it's nice to see her face when she's so far away. During the call, we talked about food recipes, she met Birdy and Dram, lectured Amanda about the importance of watching Sense 8 (which I agree with her on, sorry Amanda), and I showed my Mom my apartment. It was really nice. I would like to talk to my Dad via video chat soon too. I was supposed to have a video chat with my cousin but blew it by forgetting what day it was. I will say say in my defense that I had a horrible pain day that day and ended up sleeping most of it. So I am going to have to catch her again later. 

Okay, onto the emotional flux. I have been so emotional lately. I was incredibly upset and hypersensitive the other day over little tiny things. Amanda and I even had a mini spat. Today, I was following the Pagan Ministry Council chat on my phone and someone said something and I lost my shit. I was table flipping pissed! It was so fucking ridiculous and two seconds later, after being so angry, I started to cry. I felt like said person had finally broken my brain. Granted there has been some other things that have pushed me beyond my high levels of patience with this person, things that are never and will never be resolved much to my annoyance, but I am trying to let that go because there is nothing I can do about it. Seriously, there is a long laundry list of issues that I am trying to rush off. But it is easier said than done when that person repeatedly does or says- you know what, I don't care. I am done bitching about it today. 

I was talking to my friend Chris about how angry I have been and upset. she theorizes that while I am always on my period from the PCOS and my hormones are out of whack, I am still cycling through them and I might just be able to chalk it up to PMS. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I swear Chris has the patience of a saint. I hate venting and have told her so but she says that I have to get it out and she doesn't mind. She also said if I am being an ass, she will tell me. I cherish that honesty. Especially since I don't want to be an ass. 

Now, what's coming soon? Well, tomorrow a couple of my friends and I are getting together at my house to have a hair dying party! This is what I am planning, I don't know if it will turn out this way or not, but I am hoping. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment