Monday, June 19, 2017

10 minutes in the sun, camping, cats



My cats are all over me today. In fact, Thorin has been following me all through the house, he's been very vocal, and Narcisa has be super cuddly. They missed us. We were only gone two days and one night. I don't know what they will do when Amanda and I go on our honeymoon after we get married. 

We went camping this weekend. There wasn't a need for us to rush this time and we took it easy getting to our friend's house out in the country where we were camping. Because we were the only couple staying with a tent, we decided to camp inside for the night. That made Amanda happy, she didn't have to pitch the tent. We had dinner, drank, and played Cards Against Humanity. We also spent some time just talking before bed. That was Saturday. Yesterday, we had breakfast and eventually made it outside to make altar cloths with sun developing dye. After that we me our friend's Grandma before doing a small ritual for midsummer before dinner. It was getting a little late, so we headed home. It was a nice relaxing and easy going weekend. 

I'm losing my vampire tan. In the ten minutes I was in direct sunlight yesterday, I got a little sunburn. It isn't bad, but it is a enough that  my face and chest are hot and sore today. I don't seem to have broken out in hives this time, but I am itchy. I'm hoping that my allergy medication is helping with the brunt of that. Amanda was in direct sunlight a good deal longer and was very red last night. She even had some bumps. 

I am taking it easy for the rest of the day because tomorrow I am helping my friend Rachel with her Kettle Corn stand at a farmer's market. She bought my parent's plane tickets so they could come to my wedding and I'm paying her back by working for her once a week. I'm still in shock that she would do that for me. I'm so grateful and when she did, I just wanted to cry. I am also very nervous about helping her. I'm not quite walking for five minutes a day (without a grocery cart in front of me to lean on) but I do get to sit down. There's also a good deal of nervousness because while I know I will work my ass off for her (the market she's at on Tuesdays is very busy) I don't want to let her down or mess something up for her. But, at the same time, like one of my other friends said, it will be good for me. I might get a little of my confidence back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment