Saturday, May 28, 2011

Disturbing my inner zen

In the last couple of days, I've had a moment or two to scan some political websites I like to read. The GF and I don't have cable or local channels, it was a matter of cable or internet and since we would get more use out of the internet we chose the internet. Anyway, since playing catch up, I've learned some things that down right send ripples in my proverbial inner pool of calmness.

A.) Apparently President Obama and his goons are working to toss out the second amendment of the US Constitution. For those who don't know that's the right to bare arms. You know what I say to that. FUCK THEM! There's no way in hell I'm giving up my gun, or the guns I will inherit when my grandparents and parents pass. And there is no way I am giving up my swords or knives either. I'm a fat, white female. I neither know martial arts nor can I run that fast. I'm not helpless, but to quote the GF's father "It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6". Meaning it's better to go on trial for hurting or killing someone in self defense rather than to be dead in a casket and carried to my final resting place by six.

B.) I also learned that some college student and faculty at Georgetown want to ban right wing, conservative internet sites. They also don't want conservatives on TV or radio because they "corrupt" and are "dangerous" to their political agendas/values/ and what not. And this is while while they claim to want to "protect free speech".

C.) There is also the matter of a California High School suspending some high school seniors who wore white t-shirts for their senior pictures. Why? Because they claim that wearing white was other students were offended and threatened by their shirts and that they were also part of some white supremacist gang. But not all of the students wearing white that day are even white. At least one of the kids was Asian.

Frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of all this BS. I'm tired of people trying to take away my rights and those of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment