Thursday, November 28, 2013

Swollen and the Clorox Kitty

He looks cute but don't let that fool you.
The handsome shit-head to your left is Galen Gladamir. He's one of my cat and I'm pretty sure he's got some electrical problems. He's actually an asshole most of the time but in the last year or so, he's been getting rather needy and cuddly with me. Me, the person he hisses at when she take her towel off after a shower, and yes, he really did do that. He hisses at you when you walk passed him too, or if you look at him wrong or, well just look at him. Once, I told him that I loved him and he growled at me. So, I told him that I hated him and he stopped. What the hell, right?

Anyway, this dumb cat was caught licking Clorox off the bottom of the shower several months back which nearly gave me a heart attack and he was caught trying to do it again today. We think he might have actually gotten a little because he was really weird afterward. He kept sniffing and rolling around on the hallway floor as if he'd had some catnip. *Sigh* He's okay, just stupid. I have a feeling he will be underfoot constantly in the morning. We're cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving. He loves turkey and chicken and roast, and anything meaty really. He stole a piece of chicken out of the fridge once, even got past the plastic wrap covering it. He eats bread and never ever ever eat pizza unguarded. He'll rip that right out of your hand and run off with it. I'm not kidding.

As for swollen, I have been craving a lot of salt lately, don't know why. So, I've kind of been seeking out saltier foods and salting my food a little more than usual. (when I was a kid, I used to pour a little salt in my hand and eat it plain) So, in turn, I'm retaining water and am now swollen. If I can't get the swelling down overnight by having my feet up, then I'll have to take a water pill tomorrow morning. Very annoying, but if it helps, then I'll do it and drink more water. That's something else. I drank soda nearly all day two days in a row this week and if it wasn't soda it was coffee the rest of the time. I haven't done that in a long time.

I am almost finished with NaNoWriMo. If I can just crank out the last 5,000 or so words, I will win it. My novel is far from being finished, even 1st draft speaking. In fact, I'm having a lot of trouble with it and you don't even want to know what it looks like. Word Vomit isn't the correct term, it's much worse but I'm having trouble getting it out. The story bugs me when I am away from it and then says "haha, just kidding"  when I sit down to actually write. Ugh!  Needless to say it's been really frustrating and I actually toyed with the possibility of getting some rum, and seeing what I could do while slightly intoxicated. But I scrapped that because I take pain pills for my back and I don't really want to mix the two. The good news is, once I finish Nano, I am setting this story aside for a little bit to work on some Chritmas/Yule crafts, get a present or two finished, and just take a needed break from the story all together. A fresh pair of eyes, not being stressed out by who's coming when and what we still have left to do, might help. (We have a family Christmas party on December 7th, Skoora's family)

Well, I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving. We are going to eat, play games, and if American football is playing on TV, I will happily find myself in another room doing something else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment