Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Cat Tales Zoological Park

In conjunction with my last post about Rocky Horror Picture Show, we also spent the morning with our friend for her birthday at Cat Tales. This park takes in big cats and animals that people stupidly get to be pets, or animals that retire from the circus or show business and so on, and lets them live out the rest of their lives in the sanctuary. Its a small facility but has grown from the small house it started in. They are also working to expand. 

I was pretty tired that morning so I didn't manage to remember all the cat's names, but I remember the Lionesses name is Nala. She's the only lion they have at the moment and when the train goes by, the conductors will blow the horn and she will roar back at them. 

This guy was quite the talker and very handsome. He's the only white tiger they seem to have at the moment. 



On to the orange tigers...



It was getting close to feeding time and while it was a cooler day, it was still a little warm. So some kitties were hanging out in the water or taking a nap. 


There are some Bobcats, apparently someone thought it would be a good idea to make one a service animal. Um, no, a wild animal should not be made into a service animal. 

A touch of fall.

And some information




This little guy, if you look really hard through all the cages, is a sleeping raccoon.

This is one of the foxes. This one might be the newest, born this year.

Here is the wolf.

And a few more tigers!

I really like going to this park. It's actually rather peaceful and the cats and other wildlife there are very calm and relaxed. The folks working out there are nice and knowledgeable too. Honestly, the place is really awesome and I wish I could gush more, but I think my nose is doing enough of that for me. I'm sick with what I think is a sinus infection... But I really wanted to get this post out before I lost what little drive I have to blog today. Because I do love this place and while I wish these cats and animals could be returned to the wild, they can't and they are being well taken care of at Cattales. 

For more information about the park, here is the link to their website:


2 comments:

  1. awesome post!! what a wonderful place:)
    thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for reading! I wish I could take everyone there. It;s a small place, but its peaceful and well cats!

      Delete