Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Haunted Humpday- Coffin remote tray- I'm sort of jumping in because I actually crafted a little bit this week.


Recently, I decided to start squirreling away some money for the things Amanda and I need or want. I need things like underwire replacements for bras and I want to buy an embroidery machine. I also want to save up and get an air conditioner for the bedroom and have a down payment for a new-to-us car. We'd also like to make some repairs and improvements to our house. But in the more upcoming savings deaprtment, I have been saving for Halloween. We haven't really been able to do Halloween shopping and since this is really the time of year that Torrid USED to have decent clothes in my preferred style come out (before the GAP bought them-assholes) and stores come out with decor or things to make decor that fits my decorating style, yeah, we or well, I decided to save a little. Of course, I told Amanda what I was doing and she was for it. 
So, on a day she had off and I had off, we decided to take a trip to Joann's and we found a few small things. The trip was mostly geared to window shop and research the texture and feel of what fabrics I want to use for some costumes and clothing later on. But we made it out of the store with a few little things. I'll get to the rest of them in a later post, this one is about a remote tray. 


I found this coffin tray and knew it was coming home with me. The embellishments, above, were coming home with me too. You can never have too many of those. 


I also knew this pretty holographic star and moon paper was coming home too. I've had a sheet of this before. Its a vinyl, sticker paper you can find in the scrap booking section. 


I was thinking of making the coffin a shelf or open shadow box, but decided against it while I was painting it with black acrylic. I sealed it after it was painted with a clear polyurethane spray. 



After the polyurethane coat dried, I measured and cut the sticker paper and had Amanda put on the bottom inside of the tray. She, for some reason, can apply that kind of paper much easier than I can. 


To finish it off, I used the black embellishments on the rim and added my remotes. Its silly, but works much better than the caddy I had the in before and its easier to move from place to place. When we get our sofa back, we're going to put this tray on the ottoman or a side table.

 Unfortunately, that's all I have for today. 
I'm going to make some tea, go a round with my netti pot, and go watch something from the warm, cozy comfort of my bed.
Hope everyone's Haunted Humpday was great!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Haunted Humpday!
    your remote caddy is adorable! I freaking love it.
    I'm the same way with contact paper, screen protectors and sticky ribbon:)
    you're awesome for being able to save a bit for fun stuff..a lot of us cannot.
    Thanks for joining in..hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That paper is so cool. I must remember to participate in Haunted Humpday. Would love to see your costumes and clothes you create.

    ReplyDelete