Tuesday, September 4, 2018

So much and I think I am back

Takashi Shirogane Art by Clandestineknight

I'm back, I think, I hope. I've had a major spell of depression, bad enough that Amanda was talking about taking me to the hospital. I've stuffed enough crap for so long that I couldn't stuff any more and my lid popped. Without going into  too much detail, a lot of the stuff dragging me down was grief, loss, health, living situation, spiritual situation, friend and family situations, so, yeah everything really, but those primarily. Summer was miserable, in a word. 

But its fall now and I'm looking forward to the season. 

While we didn't do too much for the summer, we did go to Kuro Neko Con- which will be a post on its own and we had a visitor from Boston, again, another post on it's own. I didn't craft much and really only have one project to show. However, today, Amanda and I are working on the living room since she had the day off. We were going to try and finally do paint touch ups and paint and install the chair railing but we just don't feel up to it and it can wait another week or so. 

Oh we are missing a sofa. Our sofa was damaged during our move and we dealt with it a long time before the company finally came to pick it up for repair. But I am very ready for it to come home. My office chair is okay, but sometimes my back needs a break. 

I am writing again, everyday. I started work on a novel but got horribly discouraged. So, I've been doing some written rps with Amanda and her cousin Kat. I also started a fanfiction for Voltron. Its been fun but I am feeling a little more confident and am ready to get back to the novel. Also, my Aunt Debra wants a story to read when she's moved into her new house, so I'm going to find something I've already written, that's short, to send her. I don't have tons of time to work on something new aside from the novel, not with the rps, the fanfic, working on the house, and also...

I am helping some friends with their bakery! I'm making cakepops two to three times a week to help with a big order they have that's due soon. It's been a lot of fun and one of the girls is trying to get me hired on. It's just a tricky situation because they can't pay themselves yet. But one of them is like 'if we have you, we can take more orders and make more money'. Whatever happens, happens. Either way, I am enjoying my time there and when I need to get up and move, I can. When I get overwhelmed or panicky, I can take a break, so it is working out.   

4 comments:

  1. <3 I'm really happy that you're starting to feel better - I think it's a combination of a lot of things finally moving into a better situation. I hope that we can continue toward emotionally, spiritually, and healthfully feeling better. I love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too and I hope for all those things as well.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling better!
    How fun to help out your friends..this could possibly help you feel even better too, right?
    If you focus on something that's not necessarily writing..maybe it'll help bring even more motivation:)
    Hope you enjoy continued good health..big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marfi!
      It is fun and a little frustrating to help my friends. I'm hoping it will help to make me feel better. I've been putting setting some money aside to get something for myself- because I want to do an etsy store. Which I know is a lot of work.
      I have motivation for writing now, but I've lacked some energy lately. I come home from the bakery and am wiped. I have just enough go-go left to make food and then I have been going to be about 8pm. It's nuts!
      Big hugs to you too and thank you!

      Delete