Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Rocky Horror Picture Show Friend Birthday fun!

Oh look a selfie while waiting to get into Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Garland Theatre, in the Garland district. We got a group of us together to go to the midnight showing of Rocky Horror for a friend's birthday.  Prior to the show we had a small pot luck dinner at my house and our friends at Lavender Moon Bakery made a cake that looked just like the lips at the beginning of the film. I didn't happen to get a photo of it before it got eaten, but I can honestly say, it was an awesome cake!
Oh and earlier in the day, we went to Cattail's big cat sanctuary but that's going to be in the next post. 
Someone got a picture of me and its not that bad. But I can tell I didn't get my foundation even between my neck, chest, and face. Still, considering I did it in the living room with a compact mirror, it's not that bad. And yes, that is a David Bowie Shirt. Technically it is Amanda's, she LOVES him, but she lets me wear it occasionally. 

There's my Amanda, being her usual vulgar self and a random girl photo-bombing her and looking like a badass demon while she's at it.

Here we are with some of our small group of friends. 

Us again.

Me with the Birthday Girl, please don't look at my house, it is unfinished as far as decor goes and we are going to redo the living room floor eventually.

Birthday girl with another friend and a friend in the background.

My Amanda posing. I am so glad she kept her boobies restrained, she could kill someone with those.

Another friend who was so freaking excited!

Thorin was keeping watch over the preparations for the evening and a moth that got in the house. Said moth was later rescued because my cats are assholes. They don't kill anything, just fuck with it. 

I don't know what it is about this pic that makes me think she's on the red carpet, but it does. 

What can I say, she's my wife, I took some pics, lol.

The line wrapped around the front and down the street. It actually sold out! Which was awesome

Amanda and a friend.

All in all it was a really fun  night and a lovely new experience. I was a live show/movie virgin, a couple of us were. And being that it was so late and most of us work or have first shift lives, we were all pretty tired. I was actually so tired that I fell asleep three times during the show. One of those times, I had been sitting forward in my chair and woke up in time to catch myself from falling into one of my friend's laps. It was nuts! But I think we all had a really good time and the birthday girl seemed to enjoy herself. 
Sometime soon the same group that did the show is going to do Clockwork Orange. While I want to support the group putting these shows on, I'm skipping that one. I hate that movie. But it looks like the group does other shows like these, so that's kind of cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment