Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Exciting, annoying, and sleepy things...


I began my new term of school yesterday. So far all of the course work looks interesting and I've already learned quite a bit from the first two chapters of my new media and publishing class. Unfortunately some of it scares the crap out of me. I am apparently going to be making an author website this term. I also have to do an author bio and make my 'brand'. The author bio isn't quite as scary, at least it's not as scary as coming up with a brand. I'm sure I will figure it out though. I haven't started reading the homework for my photography class but I am sure that will be fun. 

Homework would go a lot smoother if I wasn't so tired all the time. I go to bed at a reasonable hour, well reasonable for me, which is usually between 10 and midnight. But, I have been sleeping in to 10 or 11 am and then around 1 or 2 in the afternoon I am so exhausted and tired that I end up taking a nap. Sometimes I can fight it off until 3pm but the last two days I haven't had much success. This really doesn't help me when I have homework and other things to do. 

Amanda is in Boston at the moment. She went to do her last residency, teach her class, and finally, finally graduate! I am so proud of her but I really miss her and wish she was home. I told her if I can get my homework taken care of, I would have a surprise for her. Well, I am certainly going to try! I can't say what it is in case she happens to read my blog while she is away. 

Narcisa is upset with me because I have been spending a lot of time outside at the neighbors house and not inside with her. But when I am inside she's busy sleeping in her bed or on the top shelf of my closet- she thinks I haven't seen the mess she made to get up there-, or she's running all over the house, hiding under rugs, or sitting in the window. She doesn't want to come sit with me and we can't play with her 'dot' during the day because its too bright for her to see it. She does come and visit me for a few minutes at night to lick my neck. I think she was weened too soon and I'm not sure she will ever grow out of it. Galen never did but at least he went for my clothes or blankets and not my neck.

My exciting news is that I am now on the Pagan Ministry Council for the IEPG. Its something I have wanted to do for quite awhile and I was really honored that I was asked before the general inquiry went out. I have so much to do now between homework and council stuff, not too much... It's basically research, writing up rituals and classes, and helping out here and there, and I love it all! But with that said, I need to put myself to bed so I can try to get up at a reasonable time tomorrow and get back to work.   



No comments:

Post a Comment