Monday, September 12, 2016

Dad's giving me shit, goals, allergies suck



I've been a bit embarrassed and feeling a bit guilty lately for my last blog. I was upset and sad that it seemed like my family didn't think me graduating college was a thing that really warranted much validation. Like, I said before, I didn't want gift or anything, but a card would be nice. And I felt like an ass even more so because Grandma hasn't been doing well. That whole, why am I being so selfish when Grandma is physically so weak and sick and on and on and on. So this bothered me so much that I was pretty much heart sick all weekend. None of this I ever voiced to my own family. In fact, none of my family even reads my blog, so I am safe here so to speak. 

My allergies are giving me hell even with my allergy medicine. So, you know, sneezy, sinus pain, kind of fun.

The maintenance men finally got around to our apartment to fix my kitchen light. Apparently they couldn't just replace the bulbs, they had to replace the whole fixture. Yay, nicer fixture. Boo, I have to get some goo gone and get on a chair to clean the tape goo off. But yay for cooking and being able to see what I am doing again! 

My Dad gave me shit today because I went to what my friend Tsuki calls "Brain IT" a.k.a therapy. My therapist gave me certain goals to help me get some writing done as well as build some self confidence again. My Dad said he could have given me goals for free. That is true. He could. But Dad kind of sucks at positivity. In fact, when he was actively trying to be more positive, it was down right frightening. I think it even stressed him and exhausted him to work that hard at being that positive. It just isn't him. Anyway, I kind of touched on some stuff I talked about today and he kept giving me shit and I told him to stop giving me shit and he laughed. Not in a bad way, mind you. Dad's an ass, but not mean. I told him that I informed my therapist of this very fact today. I also told her that my parents are two of my best friends. 

So, yes, I have some new goals to work on in the form of writing. My therapist also thinks that I am still dealing with some burnout and decompression from college and that I need to do some self care and stop beating myself up about said self care. 

On a happier note, Amanda and I have finished watching the ABC Musical comedy Galavant. I really liked it and wish that it hadn't been cancelled. I am in love with King Richard, well the actor who plays him- I've seen him in other things-, he's so pretty and he can sing!
  I have also watched a Korean Drama called Lucid Dream, which was really good, short but still good. Also, because Amanda and I sometimes like to watch kids shows, we started one called School for Little Vampires, which I think is Danish in origin. Its cute. Next on my list of fun Netflix adventures is Good Morning Call, a Japanese Drama. my friend Tsuki happened to be here last night and I might have sucked her into it too. She and I were squealing and "ahhh"ing when cute things happened, bitching at stupid stuff, and her general commentary was great. For instance "battle of the hairstyles" when the two boys of the love triangle would meet to assert themselves. We are going to finish it at some point. Amanda might try to deny it, but she was sucked in as well for a bit- enough to ask what was happening from the bathroom.

I inadvertently made Chicken Scampi tonight. I was trying to think of what to make for dinner and kind of just put stuff together. When I was tasting the sauce, I realized what I had made and decided that it was extremely close to dish you can get at The Olive Garden, but not perfect. There are a couple more tweaks I could give it, but for the most part, it was really good. 

But, enough of that, I need to do some reading tonight before I go to sleep. There's a certain library book that needs to be read and returned. Honestly, I kind of just want to color.

6 comments:

  1. hi!
    thanks for stopping by:)
    I didn't know you graduated...congratulation! that's a lot of hard work..you're awesome!!!
    you shouldn't feel guilty..you need to vent. there's much going on.
    Hope you have a great week, are you going to post any pictures of your spooky decor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by here too!
      Thanks for the congrats. I am planning to post some pictures, but I haven't gotten around to taking them yet. I have managed to get a few of our pumpkins. However, they are on another camera and I haven't remembered to transfer them to my computer .

      Delete
  2. Ah, the accidental meal successes! I've been doing those a lot too. Mostly in the form of Hispanic sea food and white sauces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too big on sea food, never really have been, plus shellfish allergy kind of puts a stop to a lot of that. White sauces, those are nice!

      Delete
  3. And congratulations on graduating. It IS a big deal. I just think some of my generation think a bit differently about online distance education. Not me though. I've done it and still barely made it through. Long ago. Accounting diploma.

    Selfish? Perhaps.
    Wrong for being selfish?
    Not no way, not no how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and accounting is a good degree. :) I still swear that the only reason I made it through statistics and up to pre trig is because I had computer software and instructors who walked me through step, by step. Otherwise, I can't do math in my head. I have to count on my fingers or write it out.

      Delete