Friday, July 7, 2017

Food Truck, Brewery, Fat Girl Yoga, House meeting, and date day.


Today, or rather yesterday, was an eventful day. You'll have to excuse me, I'm typing this sans glasses because I left them in the bedroom when I came out to make myself some Sleepytime tea, because I can't get my brain to shut the fuck up. We have to be up early in the morning else I would just take some melatonin and call it good. Anyway, since I can't sleep, I thought I would tell you about this day I had. 

Firstly, I think it was the first day this summer that we have had 100 degree F weather. Words cannot express my disdain for that kind of heat. My happy place it right around 65 degrees F. In fact, The fact that I enjoy it and snicker wickedly while my friends are donning hoodies and blankets while visiting makes all the more pleasurable. 

Secondly, I had a hell of a time staying awake yesterday morning. I even fell asleep reading subtitles on an anime I was watching while drinking coffee. That almost never happens. So, I gave up and went to the bedroom for a nap. I even asked a friend to call me if I wasn't online by a certain time. Thorin was only too thrilled for a morning nap and curled up with me. He was not, however, happy with my new obnoxious alarm. 

During the main part of the day, I chatted with a couple of people via phone and also tried to get some stuff together for the meeting we are having today with a guy in the 1st time home buyer's program. Then my friend Rachel swung by to pick me up, we went to the park and ride to get my car, and headed downtown to pick up Amanda from work. From there we located the Fat Girl Yoga studio and went on a hunt for food. Rachel saw one of the food trucks she's friends with in the food truck association and we pulled over for that. 


I had the Tex Mex Quesadilla because it was the only vegetarian thing on the menu I could eat. The Thai burrito with tofu sounded great, but I have a peanut allergy. It was really good! The food truck was called Crate and they were parked in the Bellwether Brewing Co's parking lot, I guess to help them drum up some more business. 


So, we took our food inside and tried Bellwether's mead. This mead was made of honey, mushrooms, and dandelion root. It was good too, although once Amanda learned that it had mushrooms in it, she liked it a little less. She hates mushrooms. 


Next up was our free introductory class at Fat Girl Yoga. It wasn't a very long class and for all my bodily troubles such as: hurting my knee recently, the herniated disk in my lower back, and fibro, and a recent hysterectomy, I did pretty well. I did everything everyone else was doing, maybe not fully because well, I am fat as fuck, out of shape as fuck, and it was first time. I learned a few things. 1. I need a sports bra because I do not enjoy smothering myself in my double d boobs. 2. I don't really need glasses to do yoga, especially when they want to slide down my nose from the sweat. 3. I like it despite the fact that my body shakes in a way that's kind of nerve wracking and despite that my legs don't like to stay straight. 4. I do better with the on the floor poses than the standing poses. and 5. I could stand up straight when we left to come home, straighter than I have in a long time without leaning one way or the other. Rachel already signed up for 3 more classes. Amanda and I are going to do the same today. There weren't a lot of people, the instructor was really nice and not a twig, and it's a very relaxed, easy going atmosphere.

Later today, after I have slept, and we have gone to our house meeting, we are going on a date. The plan was to go to the movies, but the only movie I want to see- okay there are two- isn't out yet. I want to see Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets. Guardian's of the Galaxy 2 we will see this Wednesday at the Garland. So, I suppose we will just go to lunch, then run a couple of errands, maybe check out an interesting new grocery store we saw today, and hit up Red Box for a couple of movies. Honestly, I am expecting to hurt more later today than I am hurting now. Yes, I am feeling the aches from doing yoga. I took some Alieve and my tea is has kicked in a little, so I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment