Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So I hear the CIA made up Al Quaida and it gets better!

I don't know about anyone else but I am fascinated with listening to people far more paranoid than myself and my Dad about world issues. Conspiracy theorists are certainly no exception.

I popped onto Facebook today to see if I needed to feed my Petville cat- yes, I play Petville- and to see what my friends have posted since yesterday. Well, one of my friends posted brief semi-sarcastic message about how we are apparently not at war anymore. Really? Of course, me not keeping up on the news due purposeful lack of television, avoidance of the city paper, and ignoring any internet news since I've had company from Texas, had no idea what was going on and took an interest.

There was, of course, the military wife comment about how the war wasn't over because her husband was still deployed in Iraq. That's an understandable comment, there are plenty of military families waiting for their people to return and some pretty angry that any of this is still going on.

Then there came the conspiracy theorist. I giggled, I really couldn't help it. I know he was being serious and truly believes what he's saying and perhaps its true but surely not all of it. This guy basically said that we fought a war for reasons unknown to Americans. Gee, I thought we were fighting because someone decided it was a good idea to hijack a couple of planes and fly them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing a hundreds of innocent people.

The guy went on to state that nothing we were told was actually going on over there. Okay, I'll bite on that one. I'll even bite on his comment that we were there for oil possession but that's been going on for awhile. I don't really buy that the government was using Iraq as a place to train our troops in a 'police state' so they can take over America and while I do believe that the Government is the nation's biggest bunch of drug dealers, I don't think they are helping the Taliban grow opium.

But it gets better, This guy actually believes that the CIA not only created Al Quaida but funds it. He also believes that there are no terrorist threats besides our own government and that the USA isn't a threat to anyone other than North Korea and possibly Israel. I must be out of the loop but I thought we were friends with Israel.

Now what really had me seriously debating whether or not I wanted to piss off said friend who's message line this was all under, was that this guy actually stated that 9/11 was an inside job. Meaning our government was responsible. He started talking about some Arizona thing after that to which there wasn't enough info for me to really ascertain what he was referring to unless its the border issues. He said that 'thing' is only happening because and I quote "the government wants to pass laws to abolish the Constitution, create the North American Union, replace our currency, and enslave us all".

Wow, right? I can sort of see where he thinks the Government wants to abolish the Constitution. They won't leave it alone and are constantly changing it to fit what they need it to fit for the good or ill of the American people. However, I haven't heard anything about a North American Union or a replacement of our currency other than the gov wanting to take the penny away. Enslavement of the American people... okay, maybe, it's possible but it wouldn't happen without fight.

There were some points I seriously wanted to poke at and hash out with this guy but I just don't have the time nor do I think my friend would appreciate such nonsense on her message line. And also, I really didn't think it would be worth befriending the guy to talk via private message only to discuss one issue we both clearly don't agree on. I've got more important things to do like get ready for work...

Speaking of work, I will be posting a little something about it at a later time. You have been warned.



No comments:

Post a Comment