Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Almost half way finished.


Yesterday, against my better judgment, I spent the whole day writing for NaNoWriMo. That's National Novel Writer's Month for those imaginary people I think might actually read my blog and don't know. Anyway, it was against my better judgment because I am unemployed, should be looking for a job, or preforming some kind of house keeping duties somewhere as penance for being unemployed. Also because the more I get written the more my significant other is upset by it and no matter what she and my father say about how cool it would be if I could actually finish and publish a book, they would much rather I write as a hobby and be working part time. But there in lies the problem of no one is hiring and if they so manage to actually take a look at my application, once they see me in person, they take one look at my fat, Plain Jane physical appearance, and give me the run around.

Ugh, okay, now that that's out of my system. You now know that I spent the whole day writing. I wrote over 6,000 words and in those words, I managed to write a pretty decent chunk of story. After looking it over there is little that I would change, maybe flower up the wording a little more, but otherwise, I really liked it and I like the new avenues opening up with the story. And after all was said and done for the day and I had written to the point that I either needed to keep writing or take a break, I totaled up my word count and found that I am almost half way to 50,000 words. 50,000 words is, I guess, the considered amount for a novel. I'm sitting at 22,636 words as of 11 pm last night.

Don't think I will get 6,000 words written today but I am hoping to get at least 5,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment