Thursday, November 11, 2010

Busy day... I'm scared to eat.

When I woke up today, I noticed how lovely it looked through the open blinds. The trees are really beginning to turn, the sky was wonderfully overcast and at some point there had even been a little rain. I covet rainy overcast days in autumn. I thought it's going to be a nice day. Then I saw the doom clock snickering that it was after 3 in the afternoon. That's not so bad since I didn't get to be until about 6 am but still, I was out of bed lickity split.

Why was I up until 6am? Because we had to wait for Sko's check to hit the bank at 2am then we went to Wal-Mart to get some very, desperately needed groceries. I don't think we even got home until after 4. Then there was the putting away of the food, I had to dig the xmas tree and few decorations we had out of the storage closet and suddenly the sun was up.

So, back to today. I've been a busy bee, filling out applications, cleaning the kitchen, gathering up the dirty laundry and trash, and I've even got a roast in the crock pot. Earlier I put up my xmas tree and decorated it. Management can't bitch about my tree being up inside and if they do, I'll give them a piece of my mind. They've really pissed me off lately and lied to us a couple of times.

Anyway, I just recently sat down to start working on my NaNoWriMo novel and realized that the reason I felt so icky was because I haven't really eaten anything today. But when I get up to go get something, since we actually have food again, I get scared and back away from the fridge and cupboard. It's like I'm terrified to touch the food or something. But I'm cooking a roast for dinner and tomorrow I planned on making stew or bierocks. I have to wonder if subconsciously my brain is telling me not to touch the food in case we hit a rough patch again and there isn't any but some of that stuff you can only store and save for so long.

The good news with NaNoWriMo is that as of 11:30pm last night I updated my word count and am sitting at 28,795 words, that over half way to the goal and I've been writing a little today. So hopefully, if I am lucky, I can get at least another two thousand written by 11:30 tonight and be that much closer to the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment