Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Very frustrated

Yesterday I spent a little over 4 hours reading my DC Electronics textbook. Granted I had several breaks or rather interruptions here and there but in the end I read that chapter and studied it. Tonight, after returning home from my math class, I sat down to do the work for DC Electronics and found that I couldn't answer a single question. I don't know what formulas to use and am completely lost. It's not that I don't remember anything that I read, I do, but they don't spend time explaining how or why these things work. My GF offered that I should get a tutor at school. Well, that would be ideal and I would be willing to put in the time, the only problem with that is, I'm not sure where to look for one. The gals in the Learning Resource Center are only qualified to handle the basic stuff like math and composition, so where are the other tutors?

After explaining that, my GF asked about the teacher. Last class, my so called teacher made it clear to another student who asked about tutoring and if he could get help from him that the labs are open from a certain time to a certain time and that he was pretty much on his own. This instructor doesn't seem to even want to be there or really to teach or is just in this gig for the money.

All in all, at the end of the day, I haven't done my homework, my head is killing me, and I am generally disappointed in my education with ITT Tech thus far. You'd think paying 47 thousand dollars I could get some help with the things I am struggling with but I guess that is too much to ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment