Friday, December 2, 2011

Honey Mustard Mushrooms and Ice Cold Showers!

Well, I've been here in the Pacific Northwest for a few days and I don't feel any closer to settling in than I did the night I arrived. I am transferred and enrolled in ITT Tech up here and know where the school is and such. My bedroom is starting to look like one, we've got the bed up and everything else is well, everywhere. As it turns out we will have to get a new bed frame but we are going to tough it out on the one we have for the time being and just be very careful.

Aside from missing family and friends terribly, I'm getting the general teasing from my girlfriend's father about being a native Kansan. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but when I am emotional I tend to be upset by it in the most irrational ways. I never say anything, I just keep quite because I know I'm just having a bad moment. LOL! I'm not even having bad days now, I'm having bad moments and that's because I am on an up and down emotional roller coaster. It certainly doesn't help when my girlfriend's father keeps the house colder than shit on a stick in Antarctica nor when the shower in this apartment is working against me. I swear every time I have taken a shower I only get five minutes of warm water and then it's raining icicles. So, I haven't had the best of luck in the shower department. And the toilets are terrible. You practically have to plunge them every time you use them! I don't have the best regards for this apartment and I don't think it has the best for me either.

Last night I finally got to make dinner and feel a little bit useful and normal again. I made a chicken and rice casserole, green beans, and salad. Yesterday at the store I decided to try Honey Mustard salad dressing and lo and behold I love it! I've had honey mustard before for chicken strips but not for anything else. As it turns out I love it on mushrooms. I kind of want to know what it would taste like on deep friend mushrooms but I'm not sure I want to go to the trouble to make them. More like I don't want to clean up the mess.

Well, I'm soon to be off to help a friend and her lab partner with a social experiment in the mall. They need a lesbo couple to walk around and hold hands so they can get the public's reactions of it. Since my girlfriend and I are the only lesbo couple they know of who would agree to this, we are up. My girlfriend thinks their experiment will be a little messed up because my girlfriend and I are fat and for some reason the world doesn't believe that fat people deserve love and worse they think it's disgusting when fat people touch. You know what, I've never had a problem with fat people, even when I was skinny, so who ever put that idea in my girlfriend's head is narrow minded or I am incredibly naive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment