Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teeth chatteringly chilly!

It's freaking cold tonight! Earlier it was snowing but the snow turned to rain, which means trying to get anywhere tomorrow is going to be a bitch. There will be more ice for us to deal with. I don't mind so much but tomorrow night I'm going to see Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos and I have drive a bit to get to the theatre. Driver's in Spokane aren't exactly the most safe and frankly, neither are the roads.

My right eye is blurry again. I don't know what the problem seems to be. It starts itching and watering and then, thankfully, the itch goes away but then it's blurry and still waters.

Oh! I went to Hastings tonight (finally had some money of my own) and picked up the new Evanescence album. I'm sure how I feel about it really. I like it but I don't think it's made as much of a mark as the last 3 albums. Some of the songs are really good though and this might just be a case of needing to let it grow on me. I've only listened to it once.

I also picked up a book. I've been asking friends on facebook to make suggestions for new reading material. I had some stipulations though. I don't particularly like 1st person. I put up with it for Katie MacAlister novels because I enjoy her voice and most of her Dragons and Vampires. But I prefer 3rd person as a reader and as a writer. So I asked that none of their suggestions were in 1st person.

I told friends that I like fantasy/scifi, paranormal romance, and historical romance. I'll read other things too, I'm not opposed to trying new things, those are just the genres I prefer. Some one suggested several sets of books I had already read. Another suggested Neil Gaiman stuff. Okay, I haven't read any of his stuff, so I'll give it a shot. But other than that, I didn't anymore suggestions, which is odd since most of my friends are readers. It also makes me sad. When I approached a friend who I know has read a ton of books, is reading all the time, she said mentioned that I didn't like 1st person. Now that really bothers me. It means she either really likes 1st person or there are a lot more out there than I feel comfortable with.

No, there is nothing wrong with 1st person, it just really bothers me.

Anyway, the book I picked up was something I had seen in a bookstore a month or so ago and took a picture of just so I would remember it. It's called 'Blood Rights' by Kristen Painter. It looks really good and it's in 3rd person. ^.^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment