Friday, May 2, 2014

Panic at the desk, a sliced finger, and a hot, stale-air night.

A lot has been going on this week! We've have all been in and out of the house more than usual. Part of that was because home wasn't quiet enough or interruption free enough for me to get homework finished. Skoora's mother made it clear last Sunday that she doesn't see my homework of import. So, I drug a friend who has been staying with us to the library twice this week in effort to get some reading and work done. That works until the middle and high school vagabonds get out of school. There was actually a kid who sat near us detailing to a girl who he was apparently trying to impress, how much he'd cheated on his last girlfriend and he was spewing bullshit personal and religious philosophy. I didn't hear everything since I was trying to concentrate but I just want to go up to this kid and ask him if he could hear how utterly idiotic he sounds and then tell the girl that if she was impressed by this, then she was a complete moron and needed to get her head examined. I didn't. But I did leave when a gaggle of girls ran around giggling and chatting between the shelves with no respect for anyone else. My local library isn't that large so eventually someone would catch them so I didn't feel the need to report them to the front desk. 

If there is one thing that I hate most it's that I have panicked over homework. Yes, I got a head start on some of it. No it's not particularly hard or even out of my range of capability. But I could not seem to figure out what to write for my workshop class and as much as I love thee text book, I hate it too. It's made me far more self conscious than I should have been for a first draft. It actually took a panic attack, that release of emotion, and a phone call to my Mom for my head to clear out enough for me to even get an idea. I've been like this for quite awhile now and it's really disconcerting.

All of that said I've managed to get half of my humainities homework finished, read what I needed to read for my fiction workshop class, and even get an outline and first draft of a story written. However, I don't like the end and want to do some edits to clean the story up as well as tighten it. Of course, I need to fix the ending as well and I absolutely must do it tonight! I also need to finish the humanities homework tonight too. Why? Because a couple of friends, Skoora, and I are going to Medical Lake for Beltane tomorrow! It'll be a whole day of play and relaxation. I'm a little nervous of how many people are going to be there but at the same time, I really want to spend time with a few people I've been getting to know recently. Plus, MAYPOLE! Who can say no to that?! Lots of people, I know. Buy they are missing out! 

Going to the library hasn't been the only errands we've been running or will be running today. We've gone to Liberty Lake to pick up a bed for a friend, done general errands, and been to the grocery store. I hate going to the grocery store on the first of the month but when you haven't any food in the house, it's pretty much a necessity. So I braved the crowds and thankfully no one got too close or touched me this time. When I got home, we put groceries away and I split up the meat for meals to put in the freezer for later. I ran out of tin foil so I had to use parchment paper and saran wrap for wrapping and ended up slicing my finger on the serrated edge on the saran wrap box. I wasn't cut too deep but it stung and bled pretty well for a bit. Skoora had to come and help me with band aids and to finish with the meat. 

Last night our bedroom fan broke in the middle of the night. I was so upset. The weather is getting warmer here and Skoora is a freaking furnace! I did not sleep very well to say the least and with the humidity and no air currents in the room, I felt as if I couldn't breathe many times. Skoora checked the fan for me, it's toast!

Today I am buying a new fan either from a second hand store or from wal-mart. Probably from wal-mart because I just don't have the time to run to every second hand store in town trying to find a fan. I also have to take our friend that's stayed over home to drop off her groceries and laundry and then take her to work. After that, I am driving to Kellogg to pick up another friend and bring her into town for the weekend. She needs to run to a pawn shop and to wal-mart also. After all of that, we'll be donating plasma at 7 tonight and then I get to come home and make dinner. And finally after all of that is said and done and I can sit and relax, I'll be finishing up homework and trying to get to bed early so I can get up early and cook tomorrow before we head out.

Even now, I have to book it to get off here, eat, get dressed, and get out of here. ACK!


  1. How did your Beltane gathering go hun? xx

    1. It was really wonderful! Our group and the Buffalo Trade Society (that was the Native American group) had a small combined shop open where in we bought some gently used tarot decks and lots of books. It was a good thing that we had a box to take the food I made for the pot luck and other things in because we needed it! There were some classes although I had trouble hearing some of the teachers on account of the wind and people noise surrounding us. I got contact information so I can ask questions on anything I'm not clear about. The classes I attended were on fairies, animal totems (from the Buffalo Trade Society), and Heathen afterlife. I had a Medicine Wheel reading done by a member of the Buffalo Trade Society and that was really interesting! The reader suggested that I get involved with a women's studies group of some kind. He also said that I am right where I need to be head space wise and some other things, nothing bad but just stuff that I want to think on more. After all of that, we all had our feast, which was yummy! Then we walked through the Belfires to erect the Maypole did the dance, and had the wonderful ritual. What was neat was that there were a group of I want to saw Jewish Men not far from us, our group, and a group of Muslims not far from us, all sharing the park. Our Ritual happened the same time the Muslim men prayed. It was very neat! So many different religions on one little park! I had a lot of fun and made some new friends, I think.
      How was Glastonbury?! Did you have fun!