Sunday, August 23, 2015

Fires, Smoke, Insanity, Cats, and Homework

That is not fog, that is smoke

The other day, after we'd taken a friend to Sasquan- the World Science Fiction Convention- we were out and about in Spokane and Spokane Valley, Wa. It wouldn't have mattered if we had been 25 miles away back home in Post Falls, the sky and air quality was just as terrible. In fact it was so bad that another friend of mine who has asthma was forced to ear a face mask and still have trouble breathing. We couldn't run the air conditioner in the Jeep or even really have the windows down. It was a hot, disgusting, miserable kind of day. We spent most of it in various places like the library, Barnes and Noble, and at a friend's house. Not that it mattered much at all, you could still smell the smoke on your clothing and in the buildings. To put it plainly, Washington and Northern Idaho are on fire. We are fortunate that we haven't been asked to evacuate but if we don't get some serious rainfall soon, who knows what will happen.

Yesterday was not so bad smoke wise. Today, it was back with a vengeance. I can't see the mountains. 


If you look really hard, yo can see two eyes and a nose, even a tail. That's Narcisa, or rather that was her yesterday morning when we were getting ready to leave. She loves to curl up in bags but I think she also wanted us to either stay home or take her with us. We've been in and out of the house so much lately, even gone all day for several days, that I think she really missed us. 

Speaking of being in and out of the house. We have been, all this week. It's really run me ragged and I was quite thankful for a quiet day at home. With all the company and places we've had to go this summer, and one more batch of company coming, a bachelorette party, a wedding, and IEPG events, we've had and still have a lot to do. But more than that, Amanda and I haven't really had a lot of time to spend together. We watched a movie this morning and we are planning to watch another one in a few minutes. I don't know what, but we have a lot on our Netflix queue. I am hoping that we will get a date day or date night squeezed in somewhere but for now, I think we are just enjoying being home. 


Homework has been driving me batty and that's putting it mildly. Almost did I call it quits on my photography class and purposely fail. My teacher is nuts, she can't decide what she wants, and just, no, I am not going to bitch about it. Let's just say, I am pissed, frustrated, and so happy that I only have two more weeks of this class. One more week, if I can pull off the rest of the homework this week. I desperately need the break week that comes between terms. That said this is one of the photos for my photographic essay. Amanda was my model and she was playing the part of a water nymph who comes out to turn on the water at the city fountain, on a hot day for all the kids to play. I got some really good pictures of her even though the air was smokey. We went to Riverfront Park in Spokane for the shoot. It was nice barring the fact that I was in a lot of pain and not moving as well as I wanted to move. 

In all of the mess of back and forth, in and out, company and homework, I've made a new friend and become better friends with a sweet fun-loving couple. I also learned some disheartening things about a woman who asked if I wanted to go to a bridal show. She did not ask me to go because she was interested in getting to know me better or establish friendship but rather she asked me to go so she could try to steal me away from a friend and use me to hurt said friend. I am not a pawn. I find what she's already done to said friend and her intentions to use me despicable and I won't participate. In fact, I won't tolerate it. 

Oh two more things. I think, depending on how much it costs and all the rigmarole that goes with it, that Amanda and I might have found the spot we will get married at. It is beautiful! I will get some pictures of it because I plan to visit it again soon. But if it doesn't work out, I have a couple of back up ideas.  

Lastly, I am going to start making some tarot bags. I already got some fabric and just need to cut, sew, and embroider them. What I am putting on them, I haven't a clue, but it will be witchy. 

Bye for now, I'm off to watch a movie with my honey.

4 comments:

  1. I am horrified to hear about the ongoing fires. And think about all the nature that is being destroyed :(

    You're keeping busy busy as always! I hope you get some time to have that date soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently some very wonderful volunteers from New Zealand and Australia have come up to help battle the fires. I just hope they are okay. I am sad about the nature being destroyed too.

      Yeah, I am busy, more so than I would like. But it looks like I will have a little bit of time where things slow down.

      Delete
  2. Ugh even today the smoke is crawling down the road and through the trees. :( So upsetting. And, yeah, this month has been insanely busy. But I think it's been good too. Glad to have a few days off though. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gross and either I have gone nose blind or I can't smell the smoke anymore. It is still hazy today too. I think we are still in the red flag warning as far as air quality goes as well.

      I just want to sleep. Today I am dragging ass big time.

      Delete