Saturday, August 15, 2015

It was a nice day and then...


Today began early. Fiona came over and we went to Wal-mart, Starbucks, and then to Spokane Valley for an IEPG council meeting and potluck picnic in the park. The meeting went well as did the potluck picnic. Afterward we went to Birdy's parents garage sale (Birdy is a new friend). I found a brass planter I full intend to clean up and make into a cauldron. 

When we came home, I had to update my computer, so I went next door to Felicia's. She told me about the book she'd been reading and we chatted for a few minutes. Of course after that I had to come home and get my homework started for the day. Everything was great until Amanda's parents began to hound her about this or that. Really when they hound her, it just stresses me out that much more and make me want to throw up. I asked Amanda if dinner was finished since she cooked tonight. She said to check it in 30 minutes to which I playfully whined "But I am hungry now". Her dad piped in saying that I should go next door and mooch off the neighbor again because she might have something more to my liking. WHAT THE FUCK?! 

1. I do not mooch off Felicia. She and her family are no better off than we are and I keep trying to offer her stuff from my house when she's trying to figure out what to make for dinner. 
2. I only eat at her house when she shoves a plate of food in my face and invites me.
3. We share snacks on gaming nights. We get some and she gets some. 
4. Her inviting me to dinner is her way of paying me back for the times I babysit her kids for her. Ugh!

Needless to say, I am so upset that I can't focus on homework and am angry enough that I want to actually break something. That's okay, I honestly didn't want to do homework today anyway. 

In other, much happier note, I got my replacement engagement/wedding ring. The previous one's plating came off so fast and it was clear what a cheap P.O.S. it was. Won't be buying anything from that company ever again, that's for sure.  The replacement came from a company I trust, mainly because my mother has purchased several pieces of jewelry and jewelry making supplies from them. Also, my ring was on sale. 
It has the blue diamonds in the middle that I wanted. My mother's replacement wedding ring is blue diamond and I wanted us to match. I know that's silly. this ring also has black diamonds so I still have my black and then there are white ones too. I liked this design because its kind of got a vintage-y look. I love it! 

More goodies that I have recently acquired are a small 10 gram bag of Baltic Amber beads, a small bag of 100 charms, a couple of books, and my text books for the next term. Another purchase was a shirt that actor Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Serenity, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Castle) designed for a charity campaign. I can't wait to get it!

I am hoping with the end of this term nearing, I will be back online and posting more frequently. But for now, I am going to eat dinner and then get on with my Nerdy/geeky self and play D&D tonight. I'll worry about homework tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment