Monday, January 3, 2011

A diffrent Christmas holiday...

As I've said before my parents and I planned to skip family Christmas at Grandma's this holiday season and we did. Instead I had my parents come to my little apartment and celebrate with Amanda and I. It was a rather nice quite affair. My parents brought their dog, Kali, to which my cats Yoda and Galen, weren't the most happy.

We didn't have the 'traditional' turkey dinner. Instead we had a pineapple and cherry glazed ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, yams, blueberry and cherry cheese cakes, orange jello with mandarin oranges, broccoli cheese soup, and something my parents call green goo (which is actually pistachio pudding with pineapple and marshmallows mixed in).

All of it was very tasty and while we cooked, we listened to Gregorian chants, and I snuck around with Amanda's camera snagging pictures of my mom. She hates it when we take her picture. I also got some pictures of my apartment and a few of the animals. As I don't have a digital camera but rather a nice one from the 1970s, I still need to turn the film in and wait for it to be developed.

But all in all, it was a really nice Christmas and for once I didn't have to worry about what I was wearing, if someone was going to say something, didn't have to be on my guard, and I could really relax and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment