Friday, August 26, 2011

In my doldrums again...

This week has been one hell of a week and it's not even close to being finished. Whew! We've definitely been running around like headless chickens and all over the city, literately. Weekend last my Dad blew up at my girlfriend for sticking up for me. That wasn't very nice of him especially over the subject matter which I won't get into. And no, it's not over our relationship if that's what you're thinking.

So, my girlfriend and I have spent every morning and into some afternoons this week apartment hunting. We are trying to stay out of the southwest part of town and I don't particularly want to live in the southeast part either. However, if I have to, I have to and at least I will be closer to school, not sure how safe we will be. We did find a row house and the land lady of said row house seems to really want us to move in. She was making all kinds of offers and was extremely nice. There are some really positive advantages to the place and some very negative ones. One being that it's quite a bit small and I'm not sure we can fit everything we own inside. Another being what part of town its in and the neighborhood. Still we have a friend who lives there and no one has bothered her... yet.

Another option is to live in the town houses my parents live in but the buy in price is $8500.00. Of course you can pay half of that when you move in and some other things. However, there is yet another option that is very similar. There are another set of town houses not too far from where my parents live owned by the same company. They are smaller, have no basement, but the buy in price is cheaper. The down side, rent will be higher and we could only have one animal. I have two cats and they have been with me since I was in my mid teens. I can't just give them up and I can't choose which one to take. So I am not sure the second town houses are really an option. We are still looking and watching the local ads to see if anything else pops up that looks appealing and within our budget.

Now about the picture above. Yes, that is Torchwood! My mom got me hooked on the new season, Miracle Day. This week, while Dad was out of town for work, she snagged me we started watching season one on Netflix. I really do love it! Capt. Jack Harkness is wonderful! If I could, I'd hug him.

Aside from all that, I've gotten all depressed again. I'm worried about my grade in that stupid networking class I just finished. I get that while IT students and professionals need it and enjoy it, it was the most stressful class I have had. Even math doesn't compare and I loathe math. The fight with my Dad has been bothering me because no matter what I say or do, nothing has changed and will ever change. I'm still looking for a part-time job and just down right depressing. And I keep analyzing and going over things in my head, things I can't do anything about, which is annoying and depressing as well. On the upside, I've lost weight, 18 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment