Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lost my drive, went for a drive...

While I am sure there are plenty of back country roads that look like this here in Kansas, this was not one that I drove on tonight. Rather, I live in a city and so I was riding the main streets and even the highway just to get out of the house. And sometimes it's just nice to go for a short drive despite the crippling gas prices. It's up to $3.59 where I live and I suppose I shouldn't complain since it is probably higher elsewhere.

I used to go on drives a lot. In fact one of the neat things about going to college in a different town, when I was going to one in a different town, was the drive home at night, after class let out. It took me half an hour to get home and I would sing along to music or think about stories, or just think. It was a nice bit of uninterrupted 'me' time.

I've been losing my drive to do things more and more lately. I don't really know the cause of it. Could be depression. Still, even when I was horribly depressed a couple of years ago I still managed to do things everyday, things I don't do anymore. I used to write every day, sing, read, and even do little craft like things. Now I only seem to have the energy to sit and watch movies or sleep. That might have something to do with my back bothering me. It might also have something to do with feeling endlessly stuck, or perhaps all of those things combined. Either way, I don't like this current 'me'. I want to get out and get on with things.

Next week I start another quarter of classes so there will be less free time to sit and mope around. I've also been looking for possible places for my girlfriend and I to move to. We've been to a couple of places to look at them and ask all the necessary questions and there are a few nice possibilities. I've also been looking for work again and in turn, doing the exercises for my back so it doesn't hurt so much. My back is still giving me a lot of grief. I can't go to the store and shop for half an hour without hurting bad enough to take a pain pill when I get home. I've got a long way to go with my back but I am at least happy that I can walk and move around on my own.

These last couple of days my back has been a bit worse than usual so I've been sitting on ice packs and resting, catching up on Torchwood. I would try to write but like I said, I don't have much drive to do anything much any more. I am now ready for season 3 of Torchwood. I really love this show and recommend it to anyone who wants to see a good scifi/drama who doesn't mind male on male action. There's not tons of male on male, but what there is, is scrumptious!

And I have also been watching a show my cousin wanted me to watch called Weeds. That's like watching a never ending train wreck. I think after seeing that show, even if I wasn't the daughter of a corrections officer, I still wouldn't sell drugs, use them, or have anything to do with them. It's just bad news all around. Still, the show is entertaining in some respects. I don't have a favorite character, I pretty much think everyone in the show is a shit.

I also saw The Forbidden Planet last night. Well, I caught the last half hour of it. Apparently, according to the host of TMC, The Forbidden Planet had little meddling from the studio or whoever meddles in the affairs of movies because they didn't think scifi movies were that big of a deal. But when The Forbidden Planet hit the theaters and did so well, it kind of paved the way for other scifi movies. I thought it was a neat little fact.



No comments:

Post a Comment