Friday, April 19, 2013

Hiccups, Migraines, Alliance Battles, and Dresses

I have had a terrible migraine today and it was bad enough that I actually went to lay down for a bit earlier today. I accidently took a nap and when I awoke, I had two cats sleeping next to me in the bed and my migraine was even worse. So, I decided that it was time to take some medicine.

It helped for a little while, long enough for me to get a dress I have been meaning to get sewn, sewn. But before too long, while I was eating dinner and trying to make up some an invitation for a friend's graduation party, my migraine started to kick my ass again. This is not good. I am supposed to be on Guild Wars tonight to participate in Alliance Battles.

To make matters that much more annoying, I also have the hiccups!

I suppose I am just going to have to take some more medicine, go lay down for a little while, and hope that I can play Guild wars a little later. 

2 comments:

  1. Just my two cents: The only thing you're required to do when you feel unwell is to do whatever you need to do to feel better again. I'm glad you managed to get the dress sewn and that you feel you got something accomplished. I got my Guild Wars-Factions book in the mail yesterday and enjoyed reading the Cantha history. It'll get me enthused to play some more.

    Your hiccup episode made me think of the bizarre remedies for getting rid of them: rubbing a Q-tip on the roof of your mouth, drinking a glass of water with your head upside down. Honestly, I think those remedies are made up by people who wanted to amuse themselves watching people try them.

    When my son had his first hangover and said he wished he could throw up but couldn't, I told him to go stand in the yard. [We were sitting on the front porch at the time] I told him, "Okay, now spin around in circles." So he did. I told him, "Okay, now hold your arms out while you spin." He smiled and said, "I am NOT going to hold my arms out and spin for your amusement." We both got a laugh out of it. I guess I'm a mean mom. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I think that's great! And besides, parents are supposed to get a little amusement out of their kids after all the fits the kids throw when they are kids.

      Oh my mom had one where you drink a glad of water with a spoon in it but the back of the spoon has to be press against your forehead.

      I know I should only do what I need to do to feel better. However, I know that sitting with an ice pack on my back and then with heat off and on all day, will get me no where and make me weaker and more suicidal. No joke, I get some pretty bad thoughts when I have a really bad day. So I try to do at least a little something.

      Today my back hurts, like usual, but I am going to try and get my sleep shorts sewn. But if I don't feel up to it. I'll just focus on blog writing and dinner.

      Delete