Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dark Ambient music to the rescue! Maybe.


"Dark ambient is a subgenre of Industrial music that features foreboding, ominous, or discordant overtones. Dark ambient has its roots in the 1970s, with the introduction of newer, smaller, and more affordable effects unitssynthesizer and sampling technology. Dark ambient is an unusually diverse genre, related to ambient music and noise, yet generally free from derivatives and connections to other genres or styles."

I am having one of those evenings. I'm very lethargic, don't really feel good hence the progression toward lethargy, and part of that has to do with the fact that I've been two days without my anti-depressants. So, in effort to cheer myself up and get interested in doing something, I am listening to my dark ambient station on LastFM. They play  a couple of my favorite bands: Arcana, Dead Can Dance, and Nox Arcana. All are good to write too and they also play some other bands that do more of the 'noise' songs off and on, which is good for when I just want something in the background and don't want to be distracted by more complex melodies and harmonies from some of the other stuff I listen too, as well as lyrics. It kind of depends on what I am writing, how agitated I am that day, and so forth. Settling down to do anything lately, is still a bit of a challenge. 

However, although I haven't managed to do much over the last couple of days, I have done something. I've started working on the Detangled Writer's blog as an administrator and I've managed to prepare drafts and upload the pictures for my craft blog. I really had planned to get my ass in gear and work on the craft posts as well as a couple post for this blog but one of my best friends from Kansas called me today. We spoke over the phone for two hours! I can't believe it! I hate talking on the phone (we can blame the nightmare call centers I've worked at for that), and I don't even talk to my Mother that long on the phone. Of course, I do talk to my Mom just about everyday. 

Any way, after I got off the phone I replied to some e-mails, made dinner, and watched a TV show with the Mom-in-law. Then the evening just kind of unraveled a little from there. As in, I realized why I've felt more depressed than usual the last couple of days. 

Also, I don't think I have mentioned it within my blog, but I quit smoking two months ago. I'm fine most of the time, but there are moments when I would really like one. I don't want a pack, just one. *sigh*  I know its healthier for me not to smoke but it was one of those things that I just really enjoyed. So I guess I am lamenting the loss of my icky habit a little.

But now I am on the phone again, this time with my cousin. So I am going stop blogging. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratz on giving up the smoking! If you ever get tempted to the point where you think you'll give in, try one of the vaporettes instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try one of those at one time but I really hated them. I think it's just better to leave it. Thank you though. :)

    ReplyDelete