Sunday, June 8, 2014

A little freaked, a little excited, and little annoyed.

Heise
First with the annoyances. The only beef I have with online schooling is that I have to wait around for my classmates to get around to posting responses and critiques. This doesn't help when I am in a position to work ahead to get the next week's homework assignment finished. I am still waiting on a couple of critiques from fellow classmates for the Fiction Writing Workshop class.  Of course it probably won't matter so much now since I just got the call from PTI (a professional transportation company), to come in for training tomorrow morning at 9 AM.

I am a little freaked out about this job. I've already had three nightmares about it and I haven't even been hired yet. The fact of the matter is, I haven't worked since 2010 due to health complications, complications that are still very prevalent (but that I am finally actually getting a tiny bit of help with). So, as exciting as all of this is, it's equally as nerve wracking. The good news is, it's a driving job, I don't have to lift anything or move anything, and I can pretty much make my own schedule. It's an on-call job in that I will make myself available for such and such days and times and they will call me in when they need me. It's 12 dollars an hour. I can live with that.

So, I suppose I will take a shower and go to bed early tonight. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay job interview! I'm sure you'll do well, and don't worry about the nightmares. I had so many nightmare about grad school before I started, and I had very recently been in a school situation - like I hadn't yet graduated when I started having nightmares. So don't let them get you down, school turned out great for me, and I'm sure this will turn out great for you.
    I'm glad you seem to be finding a way to help with your chronic pain. :) You'll kill it! :D

    ReplyDelete