Thursday, June 12, 2014

Geek out! Training, cats, music.

While doing homework, I've had Pandora open and running. My station of choice at the moment is "Game of Thrones". Of course music from the Game of Thrones Television show plays on it but other soundtracks do as well. Mostly it's been King Arthur, Star Trek, Star Wars, Grey, Hunger Games, Inception, and many others.

I have a weakness for movie soundtracks. Unfortunately I haven't had to money to buy any in the last couple of years, so I've been making due with Pandora. That said some of my favorite composers are Brian Tyler (Children of Dune and Thor: The Dark World), Jeremy Soule (Guild Wars Trilogy, Skyrim), Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings Trilogy) Michael Guacchino (Star Trek, Star Trek: Into Darkness), and Hans Zimmer (King Arthur, The Last Samurai, The Da Vinci Code, Pirates of the Caribbean, Sherlock Holmes), oh and Tan Dun (Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon).

Now for some reason my Pandora station was playing a lot of Star Trek yesterday. So, last night when I had done all the homework I could stand, I decided to watch Start Trek: Into Darkness. Yep, still loved it. I loved the older Star Trek movies. Once, when I was younger and Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country came out, my parents actually pulled me out of school and took me to see it. It was one of the coolest afternoons ever! My Dad was on call at his job for most of my life, so we didn't always get to do things as a family. That's part of what made that afternoon so special. Plus, it's was Star Trek! Anyway, I also love the reboot of Star Trek and the soundtrack is beautiful.

So, today, after watching the movie and listening to various songs on Pandora, I decided to go look at T-shirts for Starfleet Academy. While doing that I remembered that you could actually join the Star Trek Fan club and they even have scholarships for college students. That's uber awesome! I won't deny it, I have been considering joining Starfleet but I can't afford the membership at the moment. I will wait until the bills are paid off and things are going a little better for Skoora and I. Did you know being part of this club gets you discounts on hotels? That's so cool!

Okay, on to other stuff. My Yoda-chan is very sad and upset with me today. I had to go in for another round of training for the Driving job. He doesn't like it when I am gone for long periods of time and I think he is used to me being home with him. I will cuddle him later and I am sure he will forgive me. He's just an old kitty who needs his human.

So yeah, I had more training. Skoora and I are both scheduled for even more training in two weeks. I'm kind of nervous. But I am excited at the prospect of having money of my own in which I can help pay bills, buy my own medicine, and save up money for furniture and place for Skoora and I to live- parent free! Despite all the whining all of our friends have been doing, all the insisting that we don't move away or don't move until after this date or that date, we are moving back to Kansas. My Grandparents are in their mid 80's and I need to see my Grandpa before he forgets who I am. I need to help my Grandma as much as I am able. I miss my parents, I miss my friends, and I miss my cousin Shi-chan, who is more like a sister to me.

More than that, I am sick of our friends up here being so selfish and even guilt tripping us or saying really shitty things about us moving back. We have to move. It will be better for us in the long run financially. It will be better for me mentally and emotionally. I won't be around people who constantly alienate me. you know I can't even argue with some of them because they are always right and everyone else is wrong. It's childish and ridiculous and I am so tired of it. and I am tired of the lack of privacy and all the stuff I have complained about before in living with Skoora's parents. Yes, my parents can be total ass hats, but at least they give us privacy and space. And we won't be living with them for two years if I have anything to do with it.

I didn't intend to vent in this blog. It's been a relatively decent day. I am still cramping pretty bad but at least I'm not a walking crime scene... for the time being. We will see how long that lasts. I see the doctor tomorrow.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment