Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It has been awhile...

It has been some time since I last updated and several things have happened.

I quit my job at OLC GLobal.
I went to the funeral of a co-worker from OLC.
Amanda's birthday came and went.
I got voted into DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution). I will know if I am a member down the road since they have to check my ancestry but since my Grandmother is a member, well... It's a good bet that I will make it too.

And finally I got called by First Student for a bus driving position. I started unpaid training last Monday. Yes, UNPAID. I probably wouldn't mind the unpaid part if I hadn't had to have been up at 5 every morning to sit in a class room for 10 hours every day last week and learned what I did.

The first two days I was slammed with tons of information, all of which I had to memorize and learn by Wednesday. Wednesday I had to go to the DMV to take a CDL written test as well as test for passenger and school bus endorsements. Thursday we were supposed to go back for those who didn't pass the test and do bus familiarization. However, I was so exhausted and I think the Tuberculosis test they gave me made me sick. No, I don't have TB, but apparently I am allergic to the serum they injected me with. Friday I went back for most of the day to get the last day of class room training only to be told that I would have to come back this week to get what I missed Thrusday and take the class room test. I am also supposed to go tomorrow for CPR and First Aid certifications.

That all aside the really tricky part is after all the class room stuff is finished and my back ground check and physical come back alright, I have to wait for First Student to call me and schedule time to do on the bus training, which is unpaid as well. After which I have to go back to the DMV and take the driving CDL Driving test. If I should pass that, then I am once again in the waiting line for them to call me and give me a job. Should I fail any test I will not be employed.

It is all very frustrating and wears down on my nerves. I've had to borrow money from my parents and while they haven't complained, I hate doing it but I am doing everything I can. And to be safe, I was job hunting from home this morning. There wasn't anything hopeful at all. So I've spent most of the day depressed and battling a fever and runny nose.

The good news, Amanda and I finally have decent internet and she's passed most of the test for the post office. At least she's getting paid and looks to be employed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment