Saturday, February 18, 2017

Furious, can't even, reading FMA djs and manga for sanity



My hope was to not post another blog entry until after my surgery, but alas, I need to vent again. A lot of my recent blog posts have been about my damned hysterectomy, how I need one, that I am finally getting one, and now apparently not getting one as quickly as we thought. *Screams internally and mentally breaks shit* 

I saw that I'd missed a call from the Cancer Care Northwest folks Thursday evening and listened to my voice mail. My surgeon's assistant didn't give me any details other than I needed to call her back, which alarmed me a little. So, I got logged into their website to check my test results- because they put those up for people review. What I found left me upset. In the blood work there's signs of potential early kidney failure. Well, as disturbing as that is, I was looking into it on multiple sites and making notes to go over with my primary doctor and thinking that surely the anemia has a little something to do with it, and that once the hysterectomy is done, I can address that problem properly. Then I checked my x-ray results. Either I have pneumonia and don't know it or there is a partial collapse at the bottom of my left lung. I am a shallow breather, always have been, was a smoker, and have recently- in the last couple of months- been sick, so that might play into that. But that wasn't the issue.

I got a hold of the Cancer Care Northwest folks yesterday to find out what the problem was. Apparently my EKG came back abnormal and they want to send me to a cardiologist for a stress test. That might push my surgery back which really sucks because I kept telling myself "Just hang in there until Wednesday and then you'll stop bleeding all over the place, just hang in there, almost done!"  Seriously, I just about had a knock down sobbing panic attack when I was told this news. 

Then around 5pm last night, just before offices close, I got a call from my primary care physcian's office. They wanted to know what the hell was going on and why they were getting a referral request from Cancer Care Northwest for me to get a stress test prior to surgery. My doctor was so confused and it's because my ONGYN's office, who not only has her information but has an office right across the hall, in the same building as my primary doctor's office, couldn't be bothered to send her any of my information like they were supposed to, no REQUIRED to do. So my doctor's assistant had to hurry over before the OBGYN's office closed, request all my records, and hurry back to talk with my doctor and then hurry up to schedule me in on Monday to see a different doctor so that they could get completely caught up and get the refferal sent out and hopefully get me in on tuesday- the day I am supposed to be doing a bowel cleanse and liquid diet- before my surgery and even then I might still not get scheduled for the cardiologist in time and because I am so stressed out by all of this crap, I may not get approved for surgery, and it might still get pushed off, which will only stress me out more. 

*RAGE FIT*

I can't do this shit. I just can't. People tell me it will be okay and just to hang in there, to calm down, to breathe and I just want to smack them and say "fuck you, you breathe, you calm down". Everyone always tells me to calm down because for some reason no one can handle me having emotions. No, I'm not going to be the calm one. I'm sick of this shit. I really am read to just tear my uterus, ovaries, and all of it out myself. I can order scalpels from amazon and we have prime so we get free 2 day shipping. I can't just do this and this back and forth, dangling hope of a real life in front of me is so fucking cruel I can't take it any more. 


So I have been reading Fullmetal Alchemist doujinshi's and looking at pictures of Roy Mustang (my favorite character) to try to distract myself and stay calm and sane. I am thinking about going to read some old fan fic that some online friends wrote. I kind of want to print it out for myself and put it in a binder. I even want to go read some of the fanfic that I wrote for the series. I am desperately clinging to everything that sparks my joy button because I'm going nuts. And I am so fucking sick of cry over this shit. 

My Dad thinks I should go shooting, that I should just go grab our rifle from Amanda's parents house and some ammo and head out to the rifle range and shoot targets for awhile. But, its cold, wet, and I'm not sure the road up there is clear much less safe right now and I am not going to pay ten bucks to shoot a gun indoors. (Yes, I have a rifle and know how to use it. Dad taught me when I was 9 and started me out on black powder rifles and pistols and truth be told I prefer them to more modern guns- although there is an anti tank gun that was used in a movie that I fell in love with... >.>) 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your everything it's sound frustrating. Fingers crossed everything gets sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, I'm sorry I am getting back to you so late.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry I don't even know what to say. It's NOT okay what you're going through and if your emotions make people uncomfortable, tough titty.

    I've been going through an existential crisis of sorts and battle for my sanity every day. I just wish my brain would work normal again and that you could get the care you need so badly.

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *HUGS* I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can find some damn equilibrium, you've struggled enough for long enough.

      Yeah, people are getting a little bit of my normally reigned in Sass. I think ti's the pain talking though, lol.

      Delete
  3. So depressing to hear all this! I remember when I finally got the appointment for my hyst I booked off time from work (a month) and it felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. Then shortly before it the date was bumped because an emergency patient (birth or cancer). The date continued to get bumped for various reasons until I finally got in. I sat in the prep with an IV in my arm for three hours watching patients pass me. I became worried as my time slot came and went...and then I received a phone call that my gyno had injured the patient before me during their hysterectomy and that I'd have to wait longer and reschedule again. I was furious. I felt like I'd kill someone or myself.

    I'm happy to hear that they're prepping you to the degree that they are. I didn't have nearly as much physical work done, and I wish we had done a more thorough investigation as well as a diet adjustment for me because of digestive issues (fissures and constipation after a hysterectomy - which only causes more digestive troubles - is a freaking nightmare).

    My hope is that your operation goes swimmingly and you have an easy recovery because getting the appointment is only half the battle. Recovery is not as easy as doctors will have you believe. I definitely recommend HysterSisters if you have questions, there are so many women on that forum. In your post opt, if you don't have access to physio, drop me a line and I can share some techniques I learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, it sounds like you had a nightmare! I can't believe all of that happened to you! It is shocking.

      I'm going to check out the forum you gave me the name of. While one of my dearest friends has had a hyst, my mother, and my grandmother, and are all answering questions when I have them, their experiences aren't going to be exactly like mine. My Mother is pushing for me to get on my doctor about hormones since the hyst was complete. I keep telling her, let me get through one thing at a time, LOL.

      Thank you so much, I will drop a line if I have questions. I'm sure I will have a few as they come a long.

      Delete