Monday, September 11, 2017

The Muslim Woman Teacher, the jealous girlfriend, sad news, and "I can't even".


I recently learned that the band H.I.M. is on their farewell tour. I know all good things come to an end, but I really liked them and while I haven't been to concerts in a a few years, I would have gone to see them if they came close to where I live. That's my sad news. I mean really, it could be a lot worse. 

I've either fallen asleep watching TV or planned to sleep on the sofa for the last couple of nights. Amanda and I have both been tired and so much so that we're too tried to go in and change the bed sheets by the end of the day. We've been too tired to do a lot and have pushed through anyway. Last week was a bit rough for both of us. Cousin Kat came and left over the weekend and then I had several days where I was in a lot of pain, foggy brained, and or really depressed. All of that is exhausting and instead of trying to fight it all and wear myself out more, I said 'fuck it' and decided to play Guild Wars 2. That was good, although frustrating because a lot of stuff is different and I'm not sure I was following things clearly. 

Anyway back to the T.V. NHK does some documentaries called Inside Lens. This week its about a Muslim woman in Indonesia who runs a religious boarding school. She teaches, runs it, and gives talks about how men should treat women better, equality, and how without strong women and mothers, we wouldn't have strong nations. She is AMAZING! She didn't used to run the school, it was her husbands school but he passed away and for awhile she was a little lost. But she is very religious and prayed and found her answer to be that she would keep the school running on her own, that the only man she needed was God. Here is the link for the documentary: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/lens/

I decided to do a written role play with cousin Kat. She's had a lot of hell recently and I wanted to give her a little something to look forward too, in my own way, that I knew I could do. There's not a whole lot I feel that I can do lately, so this at least gets me doing something constructive. Anyway, I've wanted to write a Kitsune story. I started a book years ago but never got very far with it. So, I decided to have a Kitsune character once again and see what I could come up with this time. I gave him a horrible back story and then wrote the opening post. When I read it to Amanda, she was a little and cutely jealous. She wants to play with Noritoki and really liked my opening. She even thought it would make a good novel on its own. 

Speaking of Amanda, we've both had a crummy last couple of weeks. The good stuff has been getting to see Cousin Kat, seeing a couple of friends, and the new episodes of My Little Pony on Netflix. Amanda was so depressed last night that she wanted to finish out the episodes, except that kind of backfired. The last episode was about Applejack's parents- who while the show has never said it, that I can remember, aren't living. The apple family siblings learned about their parents beginning relationship and how they came to be married. But both Amanda and I were really upset because while we know their parents are gone, we don't know the why or the how and ugh! So I suggested we watch some of season 2 of Kamisama Kiss because that's fun and cute and it has a pissy Kitsune named Tomoe who is freaking awesome, gorgeous, and I just love him. I also really like the anime because it make me laugh. There was an instance last night where one of the characters (we are watching the american dub- I like both thank you-) says "I can't even" and while a lot of people use that phrase, I've even used that phrase, it was so unexpected in an anime that it struck my funny bone just right. I'm still giggling over it. 

But that's the mostly happy stuff. We've got more car issues than we bargained for, as in it didn't pass the emissions test so we couldn't buy car tags and won't be able to until we can afford to get it worked on and then of it has to pass or we will have had to do 150 dollars worth of work on it to try to get it to pass before we can buy car tags. Amanda got me some bus passes for when I need to go somewhere and a friend is taking me to an appointment this afternoon. Aside from that, it's just pain, depression, panic attacks, and wedding stress.  

4 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your strength. In spite of all your problems you stay active.
    I've often seen people wearing the H.I.M. t-shirts but don't know who they are. What type of music. What does it stand for? I guess I could Google it but it's more fun coming from friends.
    I haven't played Guild Wars 2 since I moved back up here. I had it on my son's computer but I don't think my laptop has the resources to play. Maybe some other day when I can get a better computer.
    Speaking of computers, I finally got decent internet service again! No more squeezing every bit from my slender monthly allowance of phone data.
    My RP is still going on. I still struggle with creativity. Mostly due to anxiety I think. I just keep writing it even when replies are hard.
    I hope I feel more my normal self some day rather than this being my new norm.
    I wish you weren't in such pain, I know you must rather sleep in your bed than the couch. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really try to keep going. I don't want to give up or give into things that bring me down. I don't want to accept my new normal. I mean I do in some respects, but I keep trying to work with it and do more.
      H.I.M. Stands for His Infernal Majesty and they describe their music as Love Metal. It falls under Gothic Rock. At least that's how I would describe it. I really like it.
      I've enjoyed Guild Wars 2 and I am glad that I got it for myself a couple of years ago for my birthday. It took a little before I actually sat down to really play it.
      Yay for good internet. I am thankful for the data we have for our phones but I don't like doing a lot on my phone. It likes to freeze and restart a lot. I pretty much only use my phone for texting and calls anyway, sometimes facebook messenger but that's more of a hassle than not.
      I am glad that your rp is still going. Replies gets tough for me too. But writing does as well from time to time, especially when I lose direction or I'm dealing with more mundane things.
      I do want to be able to sleep in bed normally. I miss it.
      I hope you get to feeling more like your normal self again too. I hate it when my friends feel like shit and are struggling. *hugs*

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind encouraging words.
      And here all this time I thought H.I.M. stood for His Imperial Majesty and was a Raggae band! Heeee!!

      Delete
    3. You're welcome.
      Lol, no, I haven't listened to much reggae.

      Delete