Monday, June 13, 2016

Adventure Monday and cute things

Wood Splitter Lee

There is a this girl on deviant art who makes these beautiful and amazing, poseable animals and fantasy creatures. The colorful kitty above is just one of many of her wonderful creations. I would love to be able to make something like this but I don't know that I would have the patience to sit for hours and sculpt or mess with the fur. While I will probably own one of her creations one day, that time is not now. So in the mean time, I will simply enjoy her work via pictures and share her page so more people can see her stuff. 

We had a lunch date with Rachael today. She picked me up, we headed downtown to grab some food, and then we took it to Amanda. There are only two draw backs to having lunch with Amanda at her job- well aside from parking being a pain in the ass. They are the sun and bugs. We sit on the 7th floor terrace. There is a nice view and we like to visit the gargoyles. But the sun beating down on me and burning me sucks and sometimes bugs fly around our food. Yuck. I am not one with the bugs. Otherwise having lunch at Amanda's work is pretty fun. 

After having lunch with Amanda Rachael asked me if I wanted to check out a farmer's market place she was thinking about setting up at. Since I only had homework, I figured why not, besides I like road trips. So we went to Medical Lake and then we decided to check out a spot in Cheney, before taking a slightly longer way home. We ended up in a place called Plaza, which is very small, before we got back on the road we needed to be on. But once back in town, we stopped at Grocery Outlet. I only needed to get bobby pins (all of mine disappeared and I am blaming Narcisa because she likes to steal my hair stuff), but ended up walking out with some sparkling water, a little chocolate, some sparkling fruit lemonade, lavender dish soap, and a bag of pizza rolls. Now I really love pizza rolls and try not to get them very often because of how much I love them. Since we don't have a microwave and have been doing very well without one for 6 months, it has actually helped us not buy a lot of crap food, stuff like pizza rolls. But I broke today, because damn it, sometimes I just want pizza rolls. I will have to bake them in the oven, which doesn't bother me, it just takes a little longer. 

After that we had dinner at a friends and came home. I got on to my college's website to see what I needed to do this week since today began the new term. I don't know what the hell is with the 200 level classes but they just seem to have a shit ton of work. I have an annotated bibliography to write, a paper, and two discussion board posts to write as well as all the reading to do. Damn it!  

The good news is that I got my copy of Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury in the mail today. I will start reading it as soon as I finish reading the book I am reading right now. In the mean time, it is time for bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment