Saturday, June 11, 2016

Messes, productivity, and nap time?

Narcisa is turning into a chair thief and a camera tease. 
You know those moments where you're doing some organization- or trying to- and it seems like you just made a bigger mess than the one you had? Yeah, I had that moment yesterday. I decided it was time to get the Monster High Dolls out and put them up for display an learned that I am missing one. I also got all the blind bag My Little Ponies out and put them up. Because I felt so industrious, I decided to try to organize my books. That was stupid! I think I made the office/library messier than it was, I realized that I am missing some series books, and that those books are probably on the shelves I can't get to because we still have a couple of boxes to go through. I then tried to clean off and organize my desk but quickly gave up when I realized that I was just slipping some things into the desk drawer instead of actually dealing with them. Granted, I don't really have anywhere else to put them, but still! 

Here are a few pictures of what I did get accomplished.


Some of my books.I used to have a ton of Dragon Lance novels, but I downsized several years ago and go rid of the ones I didn't think I was going to read. 


Some MLP and Monster High


More MLP and some Monster High


My Grandma just sent me these shelves and this is what I used them for.


Monster High. I am missing my Jinafire Long doll. We also have a lot of Abby because a friend of ours loved her and then she ended up giving us her dolls. 

I picked up and vacuumed the living room yesterday. The maintenance men finally came to replace my bathroom fan. It sounds weird but at least it isn't the rattle that threatened to fly out and eat me. I have the kitchen and cleaning the bathroom left to do today. I will get to that in a little bit. I've been going since 4:30 am. I had to take Amanda to work and then go to the store, which reminds me that I need to go get the groceries out of the car. I left them in the trunk so I could come in and eat breakfast. 

So aside from some cleaning and taking a shower later, I have a lot of food prep to do. I'll have to lean up the kitchen first, of course, then start cutting veggies, fruit, and meat to freeze. That always takes awhile but I figure I will listen to some music and just zone out for awhile. 

I was thinking about taking a nap, but I don't know if I will have time. Maybe, but I need to get the groceries inside first. It might only be 50 degrees F right now, but I still need to get the milk, butter, coffee creamer, and cheese into the fridge.

Lastly, the morning that it rained, I'd forgotten to take my allergy meds and opened the windows to hear the thunderstorms during the day. I did not go outside but company that mows the apartment complex lawns was out and about doing just that. So this is what happens to me, you can't see a lot, but I broke out in hives. It sucks!


No comments:

Post a Comment