Saturday, August 18, 2012

Feeling a little better today and I made a cell phone holder.


Today I am a little better. I saw the She-beast doctor this morning and I still don't really like her but she is once again upping my depression meds and giving me a second one to take in conjunction with what I already take. *sigh*

On the upside, aside from cooking a roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a peach pie, I decided that today was as good as any to make a cell phone holder. I saw a DIY tutorial not too long ago that used a baby lotion bottle. Well we don't use baby lotion but we did recently run out of shampoo. So I had my girlfriend rinse out the old bottle and I cut it the shape I wanted. Then I added some pretty stickers. It looks simple and kind of plain but it works. The tutorial uses mod podge and fabric and the hole is cut bigger to accommodate a cell phone charger. You plug in your phone and put the phone in the bottle along with the cord and it houses it nicely.

Anyway, I didn't do that because I just need a place to put my cellphone and glasses at night. My cats seem to want to use my nightstand, my desk, and my dresser to navigate my bedroom and are always knocking stuff off of surfaces. So I just nailed this baby to the wall, plunked my cell in it and wala! The cat's can't get it it, I don't have to worry about whether or not I'm going to step on it when I get up, and its still in reach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment