Monday, August 1, 2016

August Break! Day one: Morning light!



This month, I will be participating in August Break by Susannah Conway. Above I've posted the prompts in case anyone is interested in doing this too, and by clicking the link, you'll be taken to her site for more information. The point is take one photo for everyday of the month but also to slow down and appreciate things and stuff around you, to live in the moment and so on. 

This month is a bit of a celebratory month for me as this is the last week of school for my Bachelor's degree. In a way, I feel this project is perfect for me because I finally get to just "be" for a little bit, I finally get to decompress and come to new projects with a fresh mindset and a little rejuvenation, but most of all excitement for the challenges ahead. Plus I am going to have a graduation party at some point- not sure when yet but there will be cake and it will be green with black flowers! 

Without further ado, I shall post today's first photo, Morning light.


I love morning light, there is something, a feeling that is cooler than afternoon and evening light. It's as if the world has a blue filter on and the light seems more pristine, pure, and new. I always get a sense of freshness when I look outside in the morning. One of my favorite past times is watching Narcisa sunbathe in the morning. She'll sit before the patio door and watch various bits of wildlife and bugs, the wind in the trees, take baths like she's doing here, and sleep. It's a happy, peaceful, and quiet time.  

5 comments:

  1. I too love the fresh and new of the morning. Blessed Lammas to you & Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I really love the sweet baby in the morning light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your bachelor's! Good job! I tried to do it but couldn't get myself to hand in the final essay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Oh no, so close, maybe you will be able to do it in the future, but only if you want to *hugs*

      Delete