Thursday, August 11, 2016

Salad is my excuse to eat croutons and a thrift store find turned into diy goth goddess


Amanda and I found this really interesting wall plaque at the Goodwill store near our home. For us, it had a pagan feel and just seemed like it needed to come home with us. There was a very faint, barely there sort of paint job on the flowers and leaves, and it had some dirt in the nooks and crevasses. I didn't like weird dirty pink tone of it, so I decided to paint it. At frist we thought it would be a pretty Greenwoman. I've been drawn to the idea and image of the Greenwoman for many years. Actually, I was at a Renfaire and saw a Greenwoman mirror stand with a round mirror that set into the top of it and knew instantly that it was mine. Sometimes you just know. (Elen of the Ways is the closest I've come to finding a "Greenwoman" figure- not that I looked really hard until a few months ago when I saw some statues. Just kind of seemed like a rare thing.)

Anyway, I was going to do some "as I work" pictures but never seemed to remember to take them while I was painting. I'm sorry, I really got into it. So here is the final result. 


Believe it or not, trying to get paint into some of those tight and small spots was kind of difficult, especially when I was trying not to get it in places I didn't want it to go. I had to keep going back to do some touch ups. But no more, it is finished, sealed with a clear spray paint and ready to go up on a wall. I just haven't decided which wall and in which room as of yet. 

Yes, as the title suggests, the small salad I had for lunch which was basically mushrooms and spinach, was my vehicle and excuse to eat the seasoned herb croutons I bought from the store last weekend. I don't normally buy croutons and pretty much have them once in a great while as a kind of treat, but I was craving them for some reason. 

Since we happen to have mushrooms, another thing I don't buy often because Amanda doesn't like them and will only eat them if they are in cream of mushroom soup, I put them in my breakfast scramble this morning. That consisted of an 8th of a pound of sausage, onions, spinach, red and green bell papers, and mozzarella cheese. Because I woke up after Amanda went to work, I just made a small batch, just enough for myself. It was lovely. You know what else was lovely, pumpkin pie spice coffee creamer. Yep, we found some at Fred Meyer this last weekend. I love having it in my coffee. 

5 comments:

  1. Dang >< this reminds me that I forgot my coffee this morning! I need a cup when I get home I think. I love that pumpkin pie spice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good. You know you should just set up the coffee pot before bed and turn it on in the morning when you wake up. If you turn it off when you leave, then I can turn it back on when I get up, if I am not up when you get up. then we can both have coffee. :)

      Delete
  2. This turned out wonderfully. You find the greatest stuff at thrift stores. We need to go thrifting together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all know I'm with Amanda on the mushrooms, so you can have my share too! I LOVE how this Goddess turned out, and getting to see the "evolution" is so fun!

    Also, if it is once in a while, I stand by the fact that having a salad for the purpose of croutons is totally fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the make over, reminds me of my chola days. Iv'e been enjoying salted caramel creamer in my coffee, pumpkin spice sounds good. It seems I've thrown august break out the window when it comes to blogging, at the end of the day I just want to climb into bed and sleep. I shall make more of an effort and I enjoyed your previous post.

    ReplyDelete