Sunday, July 31, 2016

Using two computers today, rawr, and pushing through


After my computer savvy friend looked at my computer, I went several days without the Blue Screen of Death with the page fault in non paged area error message. Then it started happening again. So I ran my updates, that should have updated on their own. Then yesterday, while looking at stuff on pinterest as well as pulling up my meal plan and looking up the recipes for that, I got the damned message twice within 20 minutes. That, is unacceptable. Trying not to panic or scream or cry, I shut the computer down and just said "fuck it" and seduced Amanda into having stir fry for dinner with the mention of those chow mein noodles. 

Today, I am running a hardware scan in the solution center of my computer and everything passed except the "local connection test" in the wireless section. There's a result code that I am going to go google in a few. I really don't want to send my computer in to be worked on. Amanda's experience with her Vizio was simply awful and I don't have the time or the patience for that. Plus, I don't like the idea of someone having access to my writing and photos. If I share it, cool, If I don't, it's mine and private. More than that, I don't want anyone stealing my work. 

I am supposed to write my Narrative paper today. To be honest, the subject matter is of interest to me, but I feel very lethargic today. There is a strong urge for me to crawl back into bed for a nap and I would, but I promised myself a treat after I get the paper finished. That treat is start painting a few of the things we picked up from the thrift store yesterday. I will do a haul post later, but for now I just need to push through this paper. 6-8 pages isn't too bad, not with footnotes and quotes. It is also double spaced. I am going to pull my sources up on my computer and try writing the paper on Amanda's today. This does not make me happy. In fact this pisses me off a great deal, mostly because Amanda won't be able to use her computer until I am finished. Secondly it pisses me off because my My computer is new and only a couple of months old, and I shouldn't be having problems with it. Third, I am more comfortable with my computer. It's mine. Working from Amanda's feels naked and disjointed. 

Well, it's time to stop fussing and procrastinating and just get to it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment