Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Video Chats, weird anime, and feeling a little better.


Last night Amanda and I were both feeling pretty tired and just not up to doing anything. So I ordered pizza, she went and picked it up, and we decided to try out A Jin on Netflix. I fell asleep watching it in the last several episodes, not because it was boring, but because I just couldn't keep my eyes open any more. I remember Amanda fussing at me about falling asleep, but I told her to let me, that I would finish out the show later.  It is an intense show with lots of blood. The concept is interesting and I liked what I was awake for. I plan to finish it either tonight or tomorrow. 

This morning I watched a couple of episodes of Red Data Girl. I am almost finished with that series and really wish there was more of it. I know there are manga and that the manga and anime are based of the novels. Well, I can't get the novels in English- or at least it doesn't appear that I can. I've checked Amazon. Needless to say, I have really enjoyed watching it. For that matter I have enjoyed watching anime again period. I kind of stopped for fora couple of years, only watching a little here and there because Amanda either didn't like what I was watching (wasn't her thing) or didn't want to watch it because she can become easily sucked in and then spends more time watching it than doing other things, which I totally understand. However, I kind of let that take over and cheated myself out of one of few true joys in my life. I didn't realize just how much I love it until I was fan-girling over the anime I have while Chris and Fiona were here. I apologized because I realized they probably didn't give a shit, and Fiona said she was only allowing it because it was the first thing that she'd ever seen me so excited and truly happy about. 

Well anime isn't the only thing that I am excited, happy, and fan-girlish over. It's just that most of the stuff I could talk about most people either don't care or don't have a clue. For instance there are tons movies and books I could go on and on about. There are places I have been that I could go on about. But its kind of like the conversation my Grandma and I had about when people would ask me how I am doing when I was going to church ages ago. She said that people don't really want to know how you are doing and if you tell them anything tell them only the good things. Which I always through was strange because if I took/take the time to ask someone how they are doing, it is because I actually do want to know how they are doing. But that's just me.

Speaking of Grandma, I am going to have a video chat with her today. My parents are going over to help Grandma and Grandpa with any housework, gardening, and computer or electronic stuff she needs. She will cook something amazing (which I always miss), and then Dad will set up his computer and we will chat. I was able to have a video chat with my Mom on Mother's day which was nice. Dad gave me shit when I asked her what the hell happened to her hair. He said, "I'd almost convinced her that it doesn't look bad and that she doesn't look like Aunt Laura, thanks for ruining it." Okay her hair cut doesn't look good on her and apparently it was the fix of a really bad hair cut but no, she doesn't look like Aunt Laura, not totally... Well, I mean come on they are identical twins, they are going to look somewhat similar. But my Mom is prettier and looks younger. So there!

The good news for the day is that I am feeling a little bitter physically. I was really stiff this morning and am still stiff. However, my back doesn't hurt as badly and my neck feels a bit better. I sat in bed for a little bit this morning stretching it carefully and doing some neck exercises I've seen my Mom do with her physical therapy. Seems to be helping. I certainly don't have the headache. And I managed to get the dishwasher unloaded when I made myself breakfast this morning. Speaking of dishes, I need to load up the dishwasher and run it so I can make dinner before Amanda gets home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment