Sunday, May 29, 2016

To bed or not to bed, shopping and food prep extravaganza, cute cat

At the moment I am trying to decide if I should just go to bed, get up really early with Amanda, and work on my homework. Or if I should stay up and work on it now and then sleep a little tomorrow during the day... 

Yesterday, I napped most of the day. I suppose I needed to because I couldn't really stay awake. Later in afternoon, I took my friend Chris to Spirit Lake, Id, so she could check out a car since hers is dead. the car didn't work out and we saw the most awesomely ghetto Jerry rigged thing ever. Some folks were trying to put up a satellite dish and raise it really high to catch signal over the trees. So they had a ladder secured with bungee cords to a pallet which was somehow being secured and lifted by a tractor. Not safe by a long shot, but hey, they were getting the dish up, so whatever works right?

Today was exhausting, but worth it. I woke up, called Chris to see if she still wanted to go to the grocery store, and then made a meal plan for the next two weeks, and a grocery list from that. With Amanda in tow, we hit the Dollar Tree, WinCo, and Wal-Mart. Honestly, by the time I was done with Wal-Mart, I was hurting and so exhausted. But we got Chris home and came home ourselves. That's where the real fun began. If you can call it that. 

I spent the next couple of hours working in the kitchen while Amanda planted some more stuff in our garden. I did the dishes. I rearranged the freezer and got rid of stuff that we just aren't going to use and didn't have room for. I did some meal prep for the next two weeks, cutting up veggies and meat for curry, stir fry, and so on. I also cut up some strawberries so I can make this strawberry rhubarb dessert my Grandma makes. I also took all of the older oranges from our last shopping trip, squeezed them, and put the juice in a bottle I'd saved. I knew it had a purpose! After that, Amanda cut up some chicken and onions for more meal prep while I made spaghetti. She also worked on the laundry. She also peeled the new batch of oranges for me and we sectioned those and put them in Ziploc bags for the fridge. 

Honestly, by the time we finished eating dinner, I was in so much pain I could have cried. Amanda was in a lot of pain as well, she's got something going on with her heel. We took some medicine though and are feeling a little better. It probably doesn't help that we both got a little sunburned today while looking at herbs and flowers.  

Now, we're both half naked, lazing on the sofa. She's working on a Sudoku and a Cross word from the Buy and Sell paper she picked up from who knows where. I'm writing this blog and am very ready for bed. Even Narcisa is tuckered out.

Speaking of, Narcisa apparently likes parsley. I bought some in bulk (dried) today. It was on the counter and she jumped up to eat her food. But she found the parsley and tried to eat that instead. I've put it in safe place. She's been running all over the house, jumped up and down at the patio doors, and climbed the screen a couple of times. On top of that, she's been up and down her cat tree and chased her tail several times. But she is happy today because she had a little treat.

The verdict is to bed. I can get up early tomorrow and get some writing done on my assignment before Birdy comes over and I can finish it after she leaves. I on'y have to rewrite the whole damned thing, but it won't be too bad. 


  1. I wonder if parsley is in the catnip family. They smell sort of similar.

  2. I wonder if parsley is in the catnip family. They smell sort of similar.