Friday, July 15, 2016

I'm flipping tables pissed! Aside from that, I got a couple of goodies today.


I have been having issues with my laptop, the very laptop Amanda bought me for my birthday less than 5 months ago. Between having to download the driver for the stupid web cam so I can google hangout or Skype with friends and family, the blue screen of death, today's little stunt of freezing up while in the midst of homework, on top of me not being able to run a chkdsk in the promt menu not even with right clicking to try and get around the admin issue, I want to shoot this computer. 

I have downloaded the driver and have to keep reinstalling it every time I want to use the web cam. Okay, I can deal with that. It is a minor annoyance. The blue screen of death issue and my repeated attempts to fix it is a larger problem and one that is really pissing me off. Amanda wants me to get into her amazon account and see about the warranty. Not a bad idea but I don't like the idea of sending off my lap top in the middle of a school term to be worked on, especially not with a good deal of my writing saved to the hard drive. Then she suggested that I ask a computer savvy friend to look at my computer. Again, not a bad idea, however, this computer savvy friend is very busy with work and has a lot of other things going on at the moment. Still, as much as I don't want to bother her, I might just have to ask her.

On to the goodies.
I picked up a calligraphy pen and nibbs from Michael's today so I can practice again. I began learning calligraphy years ago, when I first got into the SCA. I really liked it, but as with most things, it got pushed to the wayside while I attended college, worked, and did other things. After admiring the calligraphy of a friend, I decided it was time to get back to it. 

The other two- well three things I picked up were complete and total frivolous, guilty pleasures in home decor. It would seem that the American marketing schemes are trying to force the seasons to change far earlier than they should and in this once instance, I can't complain. What I mean is, they've already got Halloween decor hitting the shelves and while it irks me to no end that they force decorations in craft stores far too early, I won't complain in the Halloween department. I will reserve the right to fuss about Christmas decorations already being on shelves this early in the year.

But with that said, here are my finds from today.


We were talking at the Stitch and Witch tonight about witches and containers. At first I thought it didn't open, but I just checked and it does. I haven't the foggiest idea what I will put in it, but I'm sure I will come up with something.


I bought two of these for my mantle. I realized after I got them home that not only do the ravens face the same direction but the skulls do as well, meaning that I should have gotten the bat one instead of two ravens. Sigh, oh well, as much I adore bats, I liked the ravens better and so both will stay. 

Other than that, the last several days have been a bit draining. I talked to my Grandparents via Skype yesterday and Grandma never tells me everything that is going on with her Grandpa. She doesn't want to worry me. I must get that from her, because I do the same thing. then again sometimes I feel so transparent its sickening. Anyway, I am sure my Dad will fill me in more on the situation later. I get the sense that my family is kind of wavering in anticipation of my Grandpa dying. I try not to think about it and just enjoy Skype chats with him and the short telephone conversations.

I was recently hit with the realization that while I have little to no self confidence (and battle that demon every day) it seems that others don't have any confidence in me either.  That's so inspiring! I've got some things against me and I still get up every day and try, does that count for nothing? 

Some days are better than others, obviously, and it is late, I hurt all over, and just need to go to bed before I make a complete fool of myself on my own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment