Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Yesterday's Shopping Adventure Finds and Impromptu Craft Project.


Yesterday's adventure of shopping didn't turn out as expected. In fact, I didn't even make it to the Kiev Market. I actually got it mixed up with the European Delicacies market. I didn't buy anything there and I think that was party because I was on the phone, but I did pick up a few things from the Oriental Market along the same road. One of those things being the Green Tea Powder above. 


I also found this tea and am excited to try it out


I bought this bottle of pomegranate molasses for Amanda so she could try it out when she makes her molasses cookies. 


Lastly on the shopping goodies list, I am interested to see what I can do with this.

Yesterday was a really hot day and I was out in it for a couple of hours. By the time I got home I was ready for the dark, arctic haven that is my house. Of course I had to carry in my groceries first. After putting them away and deciding to rearrange three of my kitchen drawers, I wanted to do something crafty, because sitting down to do homework when I was going to have to leave in an hour didn't seem appealing. 

I think I caught a ghostly orb. Taking some of these pictures was bizarre today. 
I've had this metal container and used it in our various bathrooms for as long as Amanda and I have been together. I've been meaning to re-purpose it for my makeup. I've decided to take a page out of Bane's blog and Goth it myself.


This is the finished product and version 2. The first go-round I'd taken a plastic/ rubbery bat, covered it with silver glitter, and then hot glued it to the container. Trying to fix it wasn't working so I just pulled it off and moved on to this. It is a wine glass cover for Halloween, but it still works. I also used mod podge to help seal the decal in and give a textured look. It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to setting it up. 

1 comment:

  1. We shall certainly try pomegranate molasses for the molasses cookies lol - it should be interesting and honestly it might be really amazing. If nothing else we can use it in other recipes too. And I think we need to goth a bunch of stuff - life's too short not to goth. XD

    ReplyDelete