Thursday, November 24, 2011

Family gatherings, moving, and whatever else I happen to rant/talk about.

Went to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving dinner today. Grandma made one of her mouthwatering, delicious, home-cooked dinners. We had: turnkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, homemade macaroni and cheese, turkey gravy, a relish/vegetable/cheese tray, orange jello with mandarin oranges, pistachio pudding, apple pie with ice cream, and Pumpkin pie with whipped cream. My uncle went out and got some Thai meal that didn't have any meat in it for my vegetarian friend and made it for her to go with all the vegetables. I thought that was really nice of him. It was a really wonderful meal and the last time for awhile that I will have my Grandmother's cooking.

Typically I am geared up to deal with my cousin Dashiell bouncing off the walls and my Uncle being a shithead and my Aunt shooting disapproving looks my way. But Dashiell was almost a polite, normal kid today. Almost. My Aunt was really nice to me. My Uncle was even nice for the most part but he tried to get me to talk politics with him. I refuse to discuss politics with him because he's a little bitch about it. He's one of those who can't handle someone else having a difference in opinion and god help us all if you're not on his team. It's so childish. He also didn't like how tired I was, which is his problem. And apparently he and my friend got along pretty darn well, she too shares his political views and if you have different opinion or she thinks you are wrong, there is no winning. In fact she's pretty much made me feel like an idiot just because I refused to fight with her about something that she was completely wrong about. Which is why she and I don't really talk politics anymore.

But all in all, it was a nice afternoon. We took family pictures in the yard, talked, Grandpa put money in my back pocket and we had a little fight about me trying to give it back.

On to moving. I'm not okay with this. I'm giving up almost everything but my things all over again. I keep trying to tell myself that this move will be better for me and have been trying to be more positive but the reality is, I'm really not okay. I'm terrified and I think this move might actually be worse for me in the long run, over all. I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess I'm going to keep pushing until I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment