Thursday, November 3, 2011

the Occupy Wallstreet protestors and V for Vendetta


I've been following the Occupy Wallstreet movement, not because I agree with them, but because I'm trying to keep up with all that is going on. First let me state that I am not a Democrat. While Democrats have some good ideas, they are too few and far in between for me to ever be comfortable voting for them. I am not a Republican either, I am a Libertarian but I am not as conservative as a majority of them.

Secondly, make no mistake, I am not attacking those who legitimately cannot work or who are retired. 

From what I have gathered, the Occupy Wallstreet protestors are saying they are the 99% and for them 99% means that they are not wealthy, thus calling those who have millions and billions the 1%. They want the government to tax the rich and spread the wealth.

Let me ask a question. How would you feel if the government came to you and ordered you to pay more taxes, thus downgrading your way of life, no matter how extravagant it is, so other people could benefit. How would you like it if they told you the money you earned can't be used to buy a new car, send your kids to college, buy clothes or food. Or that you couldn't use the money for that vacation with your family you've put off for years because you had to work long hours and save up the money in a special savings account just to go.

Perhaps you would agree and perhaps you wouldn't. I, for one, wouldn't. But maybe that's because I am no stranger to the 99% and what most of them are really like.

Most, not all of the 99%, are on welfare, SSI, food stamps, ect... A lot of them don't work, not because they physically or mentally can't, but because they are too lazy. A lot of them abuse the system because why the hell would they want to work for a living when they can sit on their ass and collect money from the government. People even use their children to get money, after all the more you have the more money you can make off them.

That's right, I said it. I've seen so many pictures of people holding up the "I am the 99%" posters listing their useless college degrees, the debt they owe, how they are jobless, and even some say what they do all day none of which is looking fora job. And they all seem to think that they are owed something, that they are entitled to something.

Perhaps I am being too harsh and unsympathetic. However, I don't think so. I was raised that it doesn't hurt you to want, if you want something you work for it, no one owes me shit, life is hard, and most importantly, to do my best to be self-sufficient, independent, and not a burden to other people. While I am not in a position at the moment to be completely self-sufficient due to a back injury, I am still trying to go to school and still trying to do things around the house. I have been a bit unsuccessful but the point is that I am still trying.

So I think it's a bit wrong for a bunch of people to stand various places complaining about their lack of wealth when they are not perusing education or job seeking to help themselves. I have seen videos and pictures of people smoking pot at these events, a lot haven't showered, a lot are accusing Libertarians, the Tea Party and Republicans of racism while a lot of them are attacking Jews. And a lot of them are littering all over the place.

I have also seen reports that people are getting attacked sexually at these events. And sickening as that is, what's worse is these idiots aren't calling the police, they are handling it in their own way, which is to chase the rapists and molesters away. They should be capturing these monsters and detaining them for the police so these monster can't come back and hurt more people.  

What is more alarming is that some are masquerading as V from V for Vendetta. They have completely misconstrued the whole premise of the movie which is that the government should not regulate and control people's lives, what they eat, how they spend their money, or take certain freedoms away from people. Instead they are twisting V's mission into one of their own. It's very ironic that they want the very thing the movie is fighting against.             



No comments:

Post a Comment